• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tragedy in London

leckert

My deepest sympathies, and empathic support, for our friends in the UK. We stand with you.

The war against terrorism continues, and innocent civilians are, again, targeted.

God Bless Mother England.

Is there an official "cause" stated for this explosion somewhere?

Are you assuming the cause is terrorism?
I can't find a news story listing the cause.

6t05qu.jpg

Source

I just want to say that I hope my friends who live in London, some of them from this very forum, are ok.

Motokid said:
Is there an official "cause" stated for this explosion somewhere?

Are you assuming the cause is terrorism?
I can't find a news story listing the cause.

They haven't come out and said the cause, but, at least six explosions, and they did report that they found "explosive" materials at the sites, and I thought I heard of an undetonated bomb in the subway, so it wasn't an accident.

PM Blair is supposed to be making a statement soon.

There have been bombs in 5 stations and 2 buses. There is no public transport and we have been told to stay put. I am working and keep seen ambulances and police cars every couple of minutes. We are getting more information from foreign channels than local ones, as the emergency services are trying to avoid a general panic. We are still at work but some buildings nearby might be evacuated

Clueless, was it raining at the time of the attacks?
Some of my friends take the tube from Liverpool Street to Aldgate rather than walking if it rains, and it sounds like Aldgate tube has the first reported fatalities.

Latest reports say they strongly suspect Al Qaeda. Also, Kings Cross has still got a rescue party going & they believe there are fatalities within there.

Sar said:
Latest reports say they strongly suspect Al Qaeda. Also, Kings Cross has still got a rescue party going & they believe there are fatalities within there.
Apparently they're operating on people down there (presumably trapped), poor buggers

I've been watching the news since 11:30 (10:30 UK time). It's really intersting to see how the BBC is sticking to official facts, while CNN and even our Belgian news channel is speculating like hell.

I just hope there won't be much more fatalities.

Terrible news. :( Someone at work just told me, I didn't even know about it. However I put this, it's going to sound a bit awful, but I hope all our London members are OK, and that there are as few casualties as possible.

clueless said:
Yes, it was raining this morning, but it wasn't heavy rain. Maybe your friends walked after all.

Managed to get through on the mobile at last, everyone ok, already in work by the time things started kicking off. They don't sound too confident when they'll get back home tonight though!

No offense, but I'd wait for another source than CNN.

My sister is still waiting on news from some of her friends. Hopefully they took the tube early in the morning.

London has not been plundered into chaos, and I think some news resources have been madly speculating. We are fortunate that here have been many practice runs for the emergency services for dealing with terrorist attacks & that is what they are doing.

A reliable source for information is the BBC news website, no official figures have been announced regarding number of fatalities of casualties, so my advice would be for people not to allow the sensationalism of some networks to convince them of an entirely different pictures.

Back