• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tragedy in London

So much horror in the world. All it takes is some minuets to construct a bomb, some seconds to detonate and kill. Thousands of people's scared physically and emotionally. I wonder if the human race will ever grow up and stop hurting each other.

I don't know if the news from Sky are true, but I knew since this morning that the BBC figures were too low. A local school closed at 11 this morning because parents of two pupils had died. I thought it was too much of a coincidence if those two people were the 2 people who died at Aldgate, so I knew there were more than two dead.

I usually take the tube a lot earlier but this morning I had something to do at 9, so I was on the train at the time of the explosions. We stopped at a station and they told us that a train had derailed at Edware Road and this had caused problems on the power lines, so trains would be going through but not stopping at Edware Road and Liverpool St. Then they advised people to get a different line. I got off the train because recently, when that line was not working, I could not get a bus or a cab, and had to walk a few miles. This time, as I was one of the first to leave the station, I managed to get a bus.

By the time I got to work, they were still talking about power surges and they did not admit they were bombs until the explotion in the bus. I suppose it was difficult to explain that one by a power surge.

There are very good reasons for this misinformation, as a panic could have caused more casualties that the bombs. But this is the type of information the BBC had given, the one that has been confirmed by the Home Office so, although I do not trust CNN (I had been using newspaper websites rather than TV ones to follow what was happening), I do not trust the BBC figures either.

clueless said:
A local school closed at 11 this morning because parents of two pupils had died. I thought it was too much of a coincidence if those two people were the 2 people who died at Aldgate, so I knew there were more than two dead.

Flawed logic. The two pupils could be siblings and the 2 dead could be their parents who were travelling to work together, seated together on the same vehicle.

For sure the figures are way too low. Just the double decker but holds 90 people and it would have been packed with commuters. Hopefully the final death and injury toll won't be too high.

Stewart said:
Flawed logic. The two pupils could be siblings and the 2 dead could be their parents who were travelling to work together, seated together on the same vehicle.

The two pupils were not siblings. Anyway, the line that goes through Aldgate is not the same line near the school. In fact, they would have had to change trains at least twice to go through Aldgate. Next you'll say that, apart from being a couple, they also worked in the same place. As it happens, I don't think many children in that school have two parents at work. Lots of them have not even one working parent.

Too bad such a madness exists.
It is unforgivable that some kill innocent people for political reasons.

Stewart said:
BBC says 33 and CNN says 33.

I see that most sites have updated...there for a little while cnn had the number at 300....

I would rather have nothing new reported then have bogus numbers that are unconfirmed and possibly inflated ......

novella said:
Waiting to hear from Ice and phil . . .
We're fine :( I work in West London but it was my day off today (I only work 4 days a week) so I was helping out at a local secondary school. Some of the children were in awful states as their parents work in central London and they have no way of contacting them :(

I've heard back from most of our friends who are fine and weren't caught up in the blast, they do go through those stations but as the first bomb went off at 08:51 most were in work by this time. There is still a very real possibility of more bombs being found.

Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by this :(

Wabbit said:
Thanks, Phil and Ice should be ok since they both drive. I'm sure they are both at work right now :)

I've already spoken to Phil today, who was at home when all this started & he said Ice wasn't working in the city today - so they are both fine.

D'oh - I really should have the read the thread all the way to the end to see Ice herself had posted - glad to see you are safe & well Ice.

just wanted to pop in quick and see that the Londonites of TBF are OK. glad to see it. i am so sorry to hear of more terrorist bullshit. my heart goes out to everyone in London.

Oh the pictures are awful. I feel for all of you in London. My heart stopped when i realised a friend of mine was in London. Called her right away, but everything was fine. She was going to get a train but decided to stay in London for a bit more. Small decisions effected lives today.

Wabbit said:
Just the double decker but holds 90 people and it would have been packed with commuters.
I thought some eyewitness said it was a tourist bus? (Not that it really matters; people are people.)

Back