• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tragedy in London

BBC and Al-Jazeera seem to be the only good news sources I've been using. Sky's off, Ananova's crap, and some of the international ones are making it up as they go along...exploding elephants in London subway, etc.

:)

According to Sky News

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

My thoughts are with you guys in London, and England. Please report in and let us know you're fine!

I checked in as soon as I can... I'm listening to CNN at present...

ds

*shakes head* I would ask why this has to keep happening, but we already know the answer, and it's pathetic. I'm just glad to see our London members checking in. You will be in my thoughts today.

I'm very angry, and I want to rant for hours about terrorists, whether they're religious, economic or environmental fanatics, but for now, it's time for mourning, reflecting, regrouping, and, above all, keeping level heads. May you find peace and strength within.

That's what they say, but they have threatened Italy before. I remember seeing the security services there on alert after a threat, but nothing happened. They always like to increase the effect of their bombings by frightening people in other countries.

I don't know what to say... It's terrible.
I hope everyone is ok. My thoughts are with you.

Glad to see you are okay, Wabbit. I hope all our other London TBFers are okay, too. My thoughts and prayers are with all of England right now.

Thanks Cajanmamma :)

Been checking in with friends here in London. So far everybody is OK.

News getting worse... This from Sky News :(

ATTACKS KILL 45, REPORTS

At least 45 people are reported to have been killed and 1,000 injured in a series of terror attacks on London.

Back