• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tree Huggers

-Carlos-

Are tree huggers out-of-business?

With the sky-high prices at the pump, and American politicians (all-parties nonetheless) talking about drilling in Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico and others hot petroleum spots, will the Greenpeace activists raise their voices even louder in protest, or will they instead view the plight that our nation is in and ease up a notch (or two)?

What’s your position on the matter?

Should we ignore the activists and drill in our backyard? Should we, on the other hand, keep enduring the high cost of gas, and allow for the likes of Al Gore and Greenpeace to detour our nation into environmentalism?

In my view, we should not only drill in our back yard, but we should give those tree hugging fanatics a bunch of shovels so that they can dig for oil in north (cold!) Alaska. That’ll teach ‘em.

That’s my angle. What’s yours?

Never ignor tree huggers. They're a little extreme, but they balance out the other extreme very nicely.

We should drill in our back yard, but don't forget about shale oil.

Oh but beer: This thread is just a forum for discussion. I just sparked the conversation by creating it. Let's not put one another down because the other has a different view than our own. Let's just talk about the topic. Good deal?

Oh but beer: This thread is just a forum for discussion. I just sparked the conversation by creating it. Let's not put one another down because the other has a different view than our own. Let's just talk about the topic. Good deal?
Uh... I thought that's what I did. You said you wanted to send people against their will to drill for oil in Alaska. You then posted a clip about drilling for oil in Alaska and asked our opinions of it. I pointed out that what they say in that clip is that drilling for oil in Alaska is barely economically feasible and wouldn't make any huge difference in the long run at all. How is that not on topic?

Yes beer i did say those things. But, of course, I don't really want for every enviromentalist (minus trained workers who are getting well paid) to be dragged to Alaska to drill...come on now beer. :lol:

Yes beer i did say those things. But, of course, I don't really want for every enviromentalist (minus trained workers who are getting well paid) to be dragged to Alaska to drill...come on now beer. :lol:

OK, so that bit of nonsense wasn't serious, but are you still in favour of drilling in Alaska, and if so why would you post a link to a clip that explains why drilling in Alaska is a bad idea?

As I have said elsewhere, drilling in Alaska is at best a very poor short term solution that serves only to get the public off of Washington's back for a few years and totally neglects the real problems of refining capacity and demand.

As Robert has stated, environmentalists are still needed and now more so than ever.

Very well said sparkchaser.

Aquablue Faux +Fox =same thing

You should start watching BBCWorld News like me.(pretend there is a smiley rolling it's eyes)

You're right sparkchaser.

Sometime I wonder if it wouldn't be better in the long run to keep fuel prices high. Perhaps Americans would think twice about buying that suv when a sedan would serve the same purpose.

The rest is how I feel yes.

Great! Now, argue your case. Why do you feel it would be a good idea - especially given that according to the clip you yourself posted, it wouldn't actually have any major impact on the price or availabilty of oil, and taking what sparkchaser said into account?

Very well said sparkchaser.

Aquablue Faux +Fox =same thing

You should start watching BBCWorld News like me.(pretend there is a smiley rolling it's eyes)

No it's not, Libra. Faux + Fox are not the thing. Fox is the best and least biased news outlet available.

This thread has been moved to Mature Discussion due to the political nature of the subject and some of the posts.

In my view, we should not only drill in our back yard, but we should give those tree hugging fanatics a bunch of shovels so that they can dig for oil in north (cold!) Alaska. That’ll teach ‘em.

Here's an idea: how about send the people that want to drill the Arctic up there. Seems fair to me.

Here's an idea: how about send the people that want to drill the Arctic up there. Seems fair to me.
:D

I'm not going.I read "into the wild" i don't want to end up starving in an old bus.Thank you very much.
And if Aquablue's going tell him to bring enough rice.

Back