• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Turning pages Down Under...

Fate

Hello!

I'm a caffeine-dependent terrestrial, a voracious reader, and have an eclectic taste in literature--fiction, non-fiction, classics, science fiction, thrillers, fantasy etc. Eagerness is mine to broaden my literary horizons, and have already noted down several titles (that have come recommended through the enthusiastic words of fellow posters) during my exploration of the forum.

I am impressed with the conversation here; great posts from a variety of posters and a wide range of discussion points. A truly delightful forum.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and becoming an active and contributing member of this forum.

Sparkchaser, Landslide, brk 3 and Polly Parrot thank you all for the welcome. Much appreciated. :)

Glad to have a fellow caffeine addict on the site. Quite frankly, I don't trust people who don't drink coffee and read voraciously.

Forty-two degrees north? Lol, that's fabulous! Thank you for the welcome, Isabell, it is appreciated no matter when it is given. :)

Hi,

It seems that we have similar reading tastes. I read just about everything, though I'm not as much for nonfiction as fiction. I recently read a novel I was sure I wouldn't like, but since it was for a book club, I agreed to try it. It was one of the most wonderful, though heartbreaking, stories I've ever read. It was Still Alice and was about a PhD college professor who discovered at the age of 50 that she had early onset alzheimers. It wasn't a true story, but was written by a woman who also has a doctor's degree in a related field. It's not something I would want to read very often, too sad, but I'm glad I did. My favorite mystery series is The Haunted Bookshop mysteries by Alice Kimberly, who also writes as Cleo Coyle. I'm also a writer, epubbed with a mystery series, but rather new and embarking on learning marketing - not easy.

I belong to the RWA, Romance Writers of America and have contact with a couple writers from Australia. You get to meet many interesting people through the organization. I'm finding this forum interesting and look forward to learning more about the site. I'm not tech smart and that part's a struggle.

Jazzy
writing as J. K. Maze
Home - www.JoanMaze.com

Hi,

What part of Australia do you live in, or is it New Zealand? You seem like a very interesting person and you certainly have a varied interest in reading. I like fiction the best, but I do read other types as well. I recently read a wonderful book about a highly educated woman who had early onset Alzheimer's. I didn't think I'd like it, but I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. The name is Still Alice.

This really does appear to be an interesting forum.

Jazzy
writing as J. K. Maze

Back