• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ultimate Fighting

You miss having somebody around that can take a good punch to the head, perhaps an arm bar, rear-naked-choke, a little ground and pound, and still keep coming back for more.

LOL. I'm so looking forward to next month. I'm going to UFC 70 in Manchester. :cool:

Who's fighting?

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Michael Bisping vs Elvis Sinisic
Andrei Arlowski vs Fabricio Werdum
Forrest Griffin vs Lyoto Machida

Those are the main card. There's another bunch of fights on the undercard but I can't remember their names.

I split this thread off into its own as UFC doesn't really factor into the self-publishing debate.

You're gonna see that in person????? :eek:

Damn.

I wish Cro Cop and Arlovski were fighting each other. That would be good.

Did you see the Couture/Sylvia fight?

You're gonna see that in person????? :eek:

Damn.

It's freaking expensive. For a good seat anyway.

Did you see the Couture/Sylvia fight?
Yeah. Couture owned him from the start. All five rounds. And Sylvia did himself no favours by mentioning that he had an injury in his post-fight interview.

What a day that was. I had been at an all day muay thai and MMA event called Power Of Scotland which lasted from 14:00 to 21:30. Then rushed home to catch UFC 68 on the telly.

I really dislike Sylvia. His best skill is his size.
I'm glad he got a beating.....

Cro Cop should own the heavyweight ranks in UFC very soon.

I look forward to the Sanchez/Koscheck fight coming up too.

I look forward to the Sanchez/Koscheck fight coming up too.

I've not seen Koscheck fight since he got eliminated from The Ultimate Fighter. Can he do anything other than take a man down and lie on top of him for five minutes these days?

Yes....his skills have improved with every fight. The take-down and beat-down aspect is still his strongest tactic, but he has improved all-around in the last bunch of fights.

It should be quite a good fight. Whoever wins that fight should get a shot at St. Pierre and the title, or at the very least a fight with Matt Hughes.

Hey Stewart.....what's it like being at a UFC fight in person?

I get to watch it tonight for free. SpikeTV is throwing us Americans a freebie. :D :eek: :D

Perhaps I'll see you in a crowd shot? That'd be cool.

Damn Stewart.....what you feeding those British fighters? They held a clinic on ass-whoppin.

Bisping and Etim kicked ass. I mean really, they looked great. Good for the hometown crowd too. Sounded like you guys really enjoyed the show.

Arlovski should not get paid a dime. Most boring fight I've seen him fight ever.

Cro cop.....:eek: :eek: :eek: Holy cow what a friggin surprise!

Was it worth being there live, or did you miss a lot from being stationary?

Damn Stewart.....what you feeding those British fighters? They held a clinic on ass-whoppin.

Fish n' chips. ;)

Bisping and Etim kicked ass. I mean really, they looked great. Good for the hometown crowd too. Sounded like you guys really enjoyed the show.

The show was fantastic and the atmosphere was electric. It wasn't too good at the first fight as the place was empty (Paul Taylor v Edilberto de Oliviera) and I was just taking my seat after Taylor had knocked his opponent out. There was a couple of sections that didn't really fill up until the main show started. Then it was awesome: 15,000 people shouting, clapping, booing, cheering.

Arlovski should not get paid a dime. Most boring fight I've seen him fight ever.
Yeah, they just sort of cancelled each other out. And the crowd were quick to impress upon them just how boring they were. :D

Cro cop.....:eek: :eek: :eek: Holy cow what a friggin surprise!
I think it took everyone by surprise, given that he's a big guy with a lethal left leg. Fair play to Gonzaga though and we'll see how he does against Randy Couture when the time comes. Cro Cop v Tim Silvia then?

Was it worth being there live, or did you miss a lot from being stationary?

It was a strange experience. You get the sense of the behind the scenes as you see the camera crew running around encouraging the audience to stand up and cheer whenever they came into the crowd. You see the lights searching the arena, the overhead displays, and the huge television screens showing the footage as it happens. The latter was strange, as I found I kept turning to watch the screens instead of the action before me but that's because the cameras were closer. You get the crowd whooping and cheering as well known fighters walk around, nipping off for a pee or whatever. (And then there's the stunning women in the crowd sitting all around. But then you get incontinent assholes who can't sit still and need out between every fight. :mad:

It's an experience. But perhaps I'll only pay for it again if it's in Glasgow and there's a fight worth seeing because that ticket cost me £100 ($200) and I was sat about twenty rows up in the main stand.

Did Michael Bisping swearing go out on the television, or did it get bleeped out?

I did not see the Bisping interview. I had to tape the Bisping fight because my daughter needed a ride home from a local band concert.

I watched the fight, and then immediately turned the tape off so I could catch the next match live.

How many times did they show the Cro Cop knock-out?
Spike must have shown it a dozen times from every possible angle. Slow motion. :eek:

I've never seen Cro Cop knocked out like that.

Ufc 94!

George st. Pierre fighting BJ Penn...

actually this less about that and just about MMA(mixed martial arts)
ive been into it for about 5 years.Anyone else? I always loved K1 one then ufc and k1 people mixed and my favorite fighters like rampage jackson, mirko cro cop etc joined. Someone here has to like it and be as excited as me as the fight Friday. Im about 80% sure George will win. Bj is good but not compared to him. But everyone gets lucky

If BJ wins I don't think luck will have been a factor. He could have easily won the decision in their first fight. I have always loved MMA, it's an amazing sport. I am definitely stoked about Saturday night too!

Yea i agree BJ is good but not as good as George. But George is so wired and fast i feel like sometimes he might just step into something. Like a high kick or upper cut. But i feel he'll win. But right now im all hyped on Anderson Silva, i think hes intense and the best around right now. And glad to finally see chuck liddell losing now that the pride/k1 fighters are in UFC.

i hear soon Fedor Emelianenko will be in UFC hes easily the best fighter Ive ever seen.... if he enters ufc its lights out for everyone.

My brother is really into this.
2.gif
I watch UFC from time to time but not too into it.

Back