• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

vacation - to read or not to read?

Sin

Hi guys,

Can you recommend me a book to take on vacation?
Something light but not too simplistic?

Or maybe I shouldn’t take any book and just enjoy the big blue sky all day long.

I am going to Cuba this year (As a half of Canadians do - at least according to statistics in my office).
I'm planning to make a day trip to Havana.
If I meet Hemingway's ghost I will take a picture of him and post it here. :)

After some thinking, I will probably not take any books with me. Maybe just a guide for Havana.

Abecedarian, why "nada"?
Did you get tired of reading and need a break?

Oh i have a good one for you.
Crook factory by Dan Simmons.

In 1942, FBI agent Joe Lucas journeys to Cuba to keep an eye on Ernest Hemingway, who, along with a motley assortment of characters, has taken on the self-appointed role of spy.

My brother said it is very good.Light but not inconsistant,and you should be able to immerse in the Local atmosphere.

Oh i have a good one for you.
Crook factory by Dan Simmons.

My brother said it is very good.Light but not inconsistant,and you should be able to immerse in the Local atmosphere.

Thanks Thomas.
After all, I might tuck a book beside my “Havana Guide”. You never know.

Hi guys,

Can you recommend me a book to take on vacation?
Something light but not too simplistic?

Or maybe I shouldn’t take any book and just enjoy the big blue sky all day long.

Can you pick me up a Che Guevara t-shirt? oh,never mind,I already have one.:D

I would recommend books on the history of Cuba and its leaders.So much has gone on there.Although there probably won't be much time for reading with everything they provide.

I want to see alot of pictures posted when you get back.:D

I would recommend books on the history of Cuba and its leaders.So much has gone on there.Although there probably won't be much time for reading with everything they provide.

Yes, I have already read a short version of their history at the beginning of my guide book. They definitely have a unique history. Especially in the 20th century. I will probably read more about that when I return home.

I want to see alot of pictures posted when you get back.:D

Deal :)

Back