• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Van Helsing!

Okay, I'm going to have to see this now.

I already knew Miss Beckinsale looks fantastic in this film (even though she looks better in Underworld; gotta love that goth-look (I won't post a picture, or the women here will lynch me, again)).

Anyway, as I was saying, I'm gonna see this, but it's films like Troy and The Day After Tomorrow I'm really waiting for.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Troy looks ok :)

I won't go see "Day after tomrrow" as A) I have hated all of the directors movies in the past Godzilla ( I actually waked out of the movie theater ) and Independence day ( oh my god ). And B) I know, I KNOW, im WAY too picky. Everybody tells me. They say, you're too picky! I KNOW IT! But the Science in this movie is REALLY stupid. This would NEVER happen. OK, it would but over thousands of years NOT in a single day. It's like having the earth stop and then start moving the other way. It's stupid. It would never happen! If you are going to make a movie like this, why not pick something that might ACTUALLY happen. Before anybody says, yes but you like Van Helsing and there are no such things as monsters. OK, but it's a made up world where monsters DO exist. Day after tomrrow is set in our world and in our time and things like that don't happen. OK, I feel much better now! lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

Does it matter if it really could happen?

No, you madman!! That's the fun - pure escapism. And it looks abso-friggin-lutely fantastic!!

And Independence Day rocked massively, by the way!

I know, your right, but I can't help it! I KNOW, i'm a bit anal like that :D I'm too picky. It's a problem lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

The Matrix?

And, like, a gazillion other extremely cool flicks?

That's the entire point, man, the fact that it doesn't happen in real life. You wouldn't pay 8 quid to go see a movie if you could just look out your window and see the same thing!!

You're odd.

No, that's not what I mean.

I love the Matrix! It COULD happen! And even if it could not, it's still bascially a fantasy world that the events take place in. Same thing with stuff like Spider man and X-men. Those movies take place in a make belive world, like our world but different, where those things are able to take place. The difference is that Day after tomrrow is supposed to take place in our world and our time. It's not some future make beleive world ( Matrix ) and it's not a fantasy reality ( Spider man ). That's my problem. You could make the EXACT same movie but with something that might ACTUALLY happen. It spoils it for me that they have this totally stupid event that they are passing off as scientifically possible, and it's not. It's just stupid.

Regards
SillyWabbit

i dunno man. when i watched the trailer of The Day After Tomorrow at the movies it was pretty freaky. thinking about natural disasters on a grand scale is really interesting to me. i plan on checking it out.

You could make the EXACT same movie but with something that might ACTUALLY happen.
How? How could you make the exact same film, with the exact same features (the storms, the tsunami's, the snow) and make it actually possible.

Can't be done ..

.. so they didn't.

Well... ok then they should not have made it :p

Sorry, I just hate those directors and all thier works! :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

So, you don't just "not like" them - you actually "hate" them?

I'll repeat: you're odd.

Okay, the girl next door (you know, the one that looks like Liv Tyler) had a crush on you, but she's over it now.

NOW you tell me?! :(

I thought she kept pacing up and down naked outside my door sucking on a lolipop coz she was too hot :(

Regards
SillyWabbit

Yeah, I thought she was putting it there coz she had no pockets ( being naked ) and she could not make up her mind if she wanted it there or not ( hence the moving it in and out again ) :eek:

Regards
SillyWabbit

watercrystal said:
pic1.jpg

what is your opinion about this film? :confused:
I havn't seen it, but I think it looks like it has good effects, I want to go see it. Shall we see it together wabbit babe? ;) I warn you, I may get scared and snuggle up to you ;) :eek:

Saw Van Helsing last night, and it sucked. And I was a touch tipsy at the time, so you can't say I had high expectations.

All plot was condensed into 5 minute dialogue segments, separated by 20 minute action sequences that were entirely too frenetic and disjointed. The dialogue was cliched and awful. The plot combined all the monsters in a way I didn't buy, seemed too contrived.

I really expected to like this movie, since I liked the Mummy and I think Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale are great. I give it 1 1/2 stars. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was way better. The only movie we could think of that was this hyped and sucked worse was Wild Wild West. Tho I suppose Godzilla was worse, too.

NOOOOOOOOOO! it was great! That was the point! it's supposed to be sucky! hammy and sucky! that's the fun in it! Let's throw every crazy monster and cliche we can into the mix and have fun with it! I loved it for that reason! :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back