• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Van Helsing!

Jenem said:
snip
one you have to see on the big screen because the special effects make it worth it.
Get it on DVD in 6 months and just sit really close to the TV screen ;)

Going to a movietheater - 8 euro's.
Buying a DVD - 25 euro's.

Tough choice.

(And that coming from a person who owns an extensive DVD-collection.)

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Martin said:
Going to a movietheater - 8 euro's.
Buying a DVD - 25 euro's.
I thought this was going to be one of those Mastercard gags.

Having your penis stolen by chavs - Priceless.

Nevermind.

The cinema will be full of noisy tossers who can't sit through a film without talking, slurping their drinks, or needing to go to the toilet twenty times a minute. Don't like cinemas. Plus, if the DVD sucks you can take it back to the shop for a swap (if you have a Virgin Megastore handy, oh how I adore their returns policy) or wrap it in pretty paper and give it away as a birthday present. Or get one of those clock kits. Or use it as a drinks coaster. Or a tiny shiny frisbe. Or an earring.

How about this - try to sit through it in a cinema, and if you manage that, it will be worth the 25 euro's to buy the friggin' DVD. No plan B needed.

Martin said:
How about this - try to sit through it in a cinema, and if you manage that, it will be worth the 25 euro's to buy the friggin' DVD. No plan B needed.
But by then you'll have spent...hmm, add the 5...carry the 2...12 million Euros! :eek: Oh, no that can't be right. Umm, well anyway, how much would the pop corn and maltesers set you back? Plus the giant sized fizzy pop. And the travel expenses. See? It's all adding up. This is all money you could be spending on improvements to your bomb shelter, you know.

dvd's in canada go from 9.99 (previously viewed) to 24.99 (brand new, new release). movies are 10.95 right now, so it's a toss up. stay at home and be comfy eating cheap snacks, or enjoy the huge screen and endure the brats. i have surround sound, flat screen digi tv etc etc, but the ultra huge screen does give me more, like i'm right there with the actors. it's all you can see and hear. you can help but be engulfed. i dont go too often to the theatre, really only when something with awesome animation, scenery, costumes or special effects comes out (and the plot appeals to me). even then i miss quite a few

ever just sit and watch the faces of other audience members?i do that at crappy movies. i love open mouthers

This is all money you could be spending on improvements to your bomb shelter, you know.
My bombshelter is impeccable, thank you very much.

ever just sit and watch the faces of other audience members?i do that at crappy movies. i love open mouthers
No, can't say that I have. Don't they notice being watched?

not usually. that's what makes it so fun. it's weird to sit there and watch ppl like that. they're "not there" with you at that moment. very zombie-like. it's even funnier to realize that if the movie you're watching gets good, you'll be lookin like that very soon

Ha! Indeed, didn't even think of that. You'll be one of them then.

<insert evil laughter here>

i just came back from seeing it, and i really enjoyed it. i think people that didn't like it went in there expecting waaaaay too much. you could tell from the commercials that it wasn't going to be a poignant movie.

there were a lot of things the movie did right. the first thing that beats you over the face is the amazing CGI. they did some great stuff with it in the movie, and managed not to have it seem overdone or corny.

i also like how they were able to include Mr. Hyde, Dr. Frankenstein's 'Creature', Warewolves, & Dracula in the same movie, without any of it seeming out of place. someone said they did a bad job in casting Dracula, but i'd have to disagree. i think he was very believable in his role personally.

the musical score is also worth mentioning. i didn't bother reading the credits to find out who did it, but it was very impressive.

overall i think this movie delivered exactly what it promised. it's fast paced, action packed, & entertaining. Hugh Jackman is starting to nail this whole blockbuster action flick genre down to a science. at no point in the movie did i think of him as Wolverine, so that's definitely a good thing. do i reccomend Van Helsing? most definitely. check your brain at the door, kick your feet up, and enjoy the movie.

I went to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on Thursday but the showing only started around 20:00 so I ended up getting tickets for Van Helsing instead - a nice 21:30 screening. After collecting the tickets I went to the pub next to the cinema and completely forgot about the film. I'll probably get tickets again in a couple of weeks to see it. :rolleyes:

Mile-O-Phile said:
After collecting the tickets I went to the pub next to the cinema and completely forgot about the film. :rolleyes:

:D ,M-O-P, feel better after being teased ('humour' of Seinfield) in other thread.

OK, I just came back from watching Van Helsing! It has werewolfs, vampires, Dracula AND the god damn brides of Dracula, monsters, gypsy princess, monster hunters and, and everything! It's CHEESY as and HAMMY as the hell. In fact you could probably feed the whole of the third world with cheese and ham sandwichs from the ham and cheesyness of this movie. Did I like it? No. I fucking damn loved it! I loved it so much that it it was a woman I would have dropped to my knees in the movie theater and proposed to her! They say men can't have multiple orgasams! Welll... watching this movie I did! It's fecking fantastic! Really silly cheesy all out action monster fest! GREAT! If you liked the Mummy, you'll like this too. It's that pulp action movie feel to it the same as Mummy. I wanna see it again and again and again!

BTW

2004_van_helsing_015.jpg

Kate Beckensale is a TOTAL babe in this! Mmmmm gypsy pincess :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
OK, I just came back from watching Van Helsing! It has werewolfs, vampires, Dracula AND the god damn brides of Dracula, monsters, gypsy princess, monster hunters and, and everything! It's CHEESY as and HAMMY as the hell. In fact you could probably feed the whole of the third world with cheese and ham sandwichs from the ham and cheesyness of this movie. Did I like it? No. I fucking damn loved it! I loved it so much that it it was a woman I would have dropped to my knees in the movie theater and proposed to her! They say men can't have multiple orgasams! Welll... watching this movie I did! It's fecking fantastic! Really silly cheesy all out action monster fest! GREAT! If you liked the Mummy, you'll like this too. It's that pulp action movie feel to it the same as Mummy. I wanna see it again and again and again!

BTW

2004_van_helsing_015.jpg

Kate Beckensale is a TOTAL babe in this! Mmmmm gypsy pincess :D

Regards
SillyWabbit
hahahahahha, **** yeah man. Van Helsing rocked.

AND THEN SOME!!!!

I actually was sitting there at some points saying, "THIS MOVIE ROCKS!" lol

Even frozen penguins are not as cool as this movie :cool:

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back