• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Viewing Blogs

silverseason

Have I done something I was not conscious of doing? Formerly, when I visited the Blogs, they were listed with those with new entries at the top of the list. I could quickly check whether there was anything new I wanted to read.

Now what I see is a list of blogs, apparently in order by number of entries. How can I get back to the previous arrangement?

The blogs have been looking funny for me today too, like I see the code for bold and not the bold type. I thought it was just me though.:confused:

Yeah, my "books read" post looks like a giant train wreck, though when I go in and try to fix the tags, it is in logical order as I had them previously.

Can you all give me more information. How long have these issues been happening? Can you describe the changes with the recent posts not showing a bit better? Where were they seen, just from going to Blogging >> Blog Directory?

Can you all give me more information. How long have these issues been happening? Can you describe the changes with the recent posts not showing a bit better? Where were they seen, just from going to Blogging >> Blog Directory?

I noticed it on the day I started this thread, October 12 ,or possibly the day before. I normally check the blogs every day so that I can read new entries.

This is the start of a new week. Is there any hope for forward progress on returning formatting to the blogs, meaning getting actual bolding instead of just showing the [B ] and [/B ] tags, for example. Or is this the way it is going to be forever? /shudder/
Or are my settings wrong?

All I can say is that I was assured by Andy that it was being looked into. It's really quite annoying to see the tags. Ugh.

Amen, Peder and Sparkchaster. My book lists now look like book stew.

Also I really miss the ability to see quickly which blogs have new entries.

I haven't even dared look at my book lists. One look at SFG's was enough. As for new posts, it's futile until this is cleared up, at least IMO.

I haven't even dared look at my book lists. One look at SFG's was enough. As for new posts, it's futile until this is cleared up, at least IMO.

In the meantime you can write them up in notepad or similar and then when everything is back to normal, publish!

Thanks for being patient. We are looking at upgrading the blog software to a new platform or version to improve usability.

Back