• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Voting:January 2009

vote:what do you want do discuss January 2009

• An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The Abstinence Teacher-Tom Perrotta

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Out of Africa by Isaak Dinesen

• Hard Times by Charles Dickens

• A Thief of Time by Tony Hillerman (Indian pots, the American southest)

• The King of Methlehem - Mark Lindquist

• Nine Tailors by Dorothy Sayers (Lord Peter Wimsey, church bells

• A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libra

I had to eliminate two titles, the poll is ten max.Choose what you want to discuss January 2009.

It looks like The Abstinence Teacher will get the most votes. That could be good, it would be a good time to read War and Peace.

Meaning I have no desire to read that title, but a hunger to read War and Peace.

I finally did read War and Peace last year. I thought it was terrific. Don't wait for it to become a book of the month. Since it was so long, my approach was to savor it, reading perhaps 40-50 pages and day and interspersing it with other books. I don't remember how long it took but I was sad when it was over.

I finally did read War and Peace last year. I thought it was terrific. Don't wait for it to become a book of the month. Since it was so long, my approach was to savor it, reading perhaps 40-50 pages and day and interspersing it with other books. I don't remember how long it took but I was sad when it was over.

Yeah, that's much too long for a BOTM. 50 pages per day seems like a good pace for a book like that, but I'll see when I get there.

I have been meaning to delve into the Sherlock Holmes collection that I recently purchased for my Kindle. What better way than to kick it off with A Study in Scarlet?

My vote is for that guy that lives at 221b Baker St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back