• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Welcome Stewart, O Senior Moderator

Shade

Good luck with the new role, Stewart! Now you can be the recipient of complaints instead of the instigator... :p

Not to complain, but I wish we had a "happy dance" simile...:D I'd wish you best of luck, but I really don't believe in luck. I'm confident you'll do great in the new role.

I think you will be a great mod Stewart and it will be a nice improvement to the forum.

Remember I said that and go easy on me later. :)

Okay, I have a serious question. Is it a volunteer position or a paid job? I'm assuming that it's pretty time-consuming, and it appears to be a pretty thankless task, at least some of the time.

Does one do this (moderate) for the simple fun of it? :confused:

Okay, I have a serious question. Is it a volunteer position or a paid job? I'm assuming that it's pretty time-consuming, and it appears to be a pretty thankless task, at least some of the time.

I didn't want to bring up monetary rewards but I did wonder if Stewie would at least get his own office or parking space:cool:

I get 25 days paid holiday, a pension, medical and dental insurance, optional benefits for travel, pets, and vision, and an AmEx to spend up to $15,000 on books per year.

No, actually, it's not a paid thing. It's just extra privileges over threads. Just ensures that the forum runs smoothly. I already admin two forums (well one, since the cinema forum has died) and moderate another huge programming forum. I don't think it's a big ask. We'll see what it's like here.

Paid?? Dear god no - I have never known a Moderating position on any forum to be paid. Generally people are asked if they would like to help out and they do so because they enjoy the community they are a part of and want to help.

It is a thankless task the majority of the time and a lot of people seem to forget that Moderators are real people and have lives just like the rest. People often want things doing there and then and don't appreciate the fact that the Moderators have things they need to do. They give their time because they want to help - they don't gain anything from it (well you sometimes get increased PM space, depending on the forum - but I have that as a normal member on another forum anyway as I am friends with the owner :D ).

I get 25 days paid holiday, a pension, medical and dental insurance, optional benefits for travel, pets, and vision, and an AmEx to spend up to $15,000 on books per year.
Damn! I have been seriously short changed over the past 18 months :eek:

:D

Back