• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Welcome Stewart, O Senior Moderator

congratulations Stewart...looks like you brought a few changes with you already...way to go;)

now, anything you can do about that mature forum....?

Stewart,

Shame about the cinema forum, I had high hopes, just not enough members to keep it going.

Now get to work on your TO DO list Stewart...oh yeah, and congrats.

Justin

Oh by the way Stewart, someone from the Nabokov threads - I can't remember who, alas! - asked me to pass on a message, saying Congratulations on your appointment! At least I think that was the message: the line was kind of corrupted...

Stewart, I do hope you'll try not to let all this power go to your head. So far I've had PMs from three formerly great posters who have gone elsewhere in order to avoid your gratuitous sarcasm.

(Not all of them were participants in the Nabokov thread, Shade.)

:(

Stewart, I do hope you'll try not to let all this power go to your head.

Of course I won't. I would never do that.

So far I've had PMs from three formerly great posters who have gone elsewhere in order to avoid your gratuitous sarcasm.

Would that not be their problem? Shouldn't they be coming to me, like adults, if they want to discuss my sarcasm rather than you?

Would that not be their problem? Shouldn't they be coming to me, like adults, if they want to discuss my sarcasm rather than you?

I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe I grew up with too much "gratuitious sarcasm," but I just chalk it up to it being your style, and get on with it. If I were truly upset over something you, or anyone else posted, I'd hope to be adult enough to either suck it up and get over it or pm and talk to the offender, and THEN suck it up and get over it.

Each of them sent me a link to book forums where they're posting now. I think they all already said here in the open what they had to say about the caustic remarks.

Each of them sent me a link to book forums where they're posting now.

Just like a postcard.

I think they all already said here in the open what they had to say about the caustic remarks.

If they have, can you inform us as to who the mystery trio are?

But by the by, you haven't answered my question as to why they can't act like adults and pull me up on something if they haven't liked the way I've said something to them. What do they expect to happen if they don't pull me up. Do I turn around and go 'aha, that's why they left!"? If they are sending you PMs then they've not truly left.

If they've gone they've gone voluntarily and there's no point in pointing.

They've gone.

This was only intended as a heads-up. It has never been my way (rightly or wrongly) to do things sub rosa, but that's just me. I guess I just believe pretty wholeheartedly in freedom of speech. Kindness counts too.

Back