• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Welcome To The New Book & Reader

A quick comment on the searching capabilities of the XenForo. I can't seem to find stuff that is very clearly available. I know there's a thread on Wuthering Heights, but a search for 'Wuthering Heights' or just 'wuthering' will yield nothing.

There are plenty of old ego-boosting threads that I'd like to dig up and read, but they seem to be buried forever. :(

Can you check please?

(I'd like to put in a quick comment as well: if there's a feature that will be removed with an upgrade of a change in software, especially features that invite members to spend their precious time contributing content, it is not entirely a bad idea to inform members and give them a grace period to save the data from the feature-to-be-removed, so that it's not lost forever. I've once had an entire website wiped out because the my webhost provider thought it was ok to wipe everything on their servers out on the change of ownership. Many many hours of work went into the site, and all content irrevocably gone. I should have turned up at their office and give them my best impression of the Hulk. My humble two cents, and I hope the admins take this as it was intended: an opinion kindly offered. And no, I'm not talking about search, I'm talking about blogs.)

Hmm, I have looked around and maybe I missed the info, but what is the category at the bottom? It seems like a whole different forum, that I can view and shows up in new/recent thread list but all different members and view only? It confuses me a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a group from the old BAR layout. Instead of keeping it a group, it was give its own sub-forum. It's made up of folks from some Amazon forum that was shut down.

It's a private area so if you want an invite you need to ask Maine Colonial.
It's not so much that as I was confused why we can view everything and it shows up in our new posts but we are not really all the same, can they post in our threads? I mean are they members of BAR? But a not so secret subgroup? n I like the idea of ghost in the basement, but you can't help but want a closer look, maybe even tug their sheets a bit :D

The new similar threads list when I view a thread turns me into Clive Barker, that's to say 'ooh that looks like an interesting topic of last post yonks ago, I must reanimate it...'

Fight the temptation.

The new similar threads list when I view a thread turns me into Clive Barker, that's to say 'ooh that looks like an interesting topic of last post yonks ago, I must reanimate it...'

Fight the temptation.

Oh yes, I love the similar threads item-a definite winner really.

Do you remember the time when there were wars fought and the rivers of bits spewed over whether one should start a new thread or resurrect old threads here in this forum???

Actually, I don't remember either.

In any event, old threads should be resurrected, IMHO. I'm a necromancer. When I'm around.

Back