• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

RADIOHEAD - Karma Police

Great song.

Right now I am listening to Powerman 5000 - Blast off to nowhere. Damn that song is still good after all these years. I need to get a SciFi RPG going so I can use that as background music for a firefight.

I could never understand the fascination with Sigur Rose, I have one of the cd's but just don't like it...even when I'm trying to relax it doesn't do it for me. I've tried many times, thinking a change in mood or something would get me to appreciate it, but nothing works. I've had one of their cd's for about nine years...to me he sounds like a gimp:confused:

I could never understand the fascination with Sigur Rose.

I like Sigur Ros maybe because its the way they sound. I think not understanding the words makes me pay more attention to the actual qualities of the voice more than what the voice is saying, so it feels more like another instrument in a way rather than just a delivery of words.
Besides, I decide the meaning of the song. Depending on my mood and how the sounds are forming, the mental picture I create is different everytime I listen to the music.

SIGUR RÓS - Hoppipolla ●
This song was created with the cadence of an musical language, so the vocals are another intrument into the sound streams.

I guess I get that people like his voice, but I honestly have to say I don't...to each, his own. I prefer Thom Yorke over this Sigur Rose guy, his voice is great, and at times I have no clue what the lyrics are, but the emotional aspect is felt. To be honest, I bought Sigur Rose on the recommendation that they were similiar to Radiohead. At the time I was really into Kid A and Amnesiac.....

Back