• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

Case in point

Case in point re: bad 'rock' stations. This station just played 'What if God was one of us' followed by Sum 41. Someone chop my ears off now, please.

Shouldn't there be a rule about this sort of thing, like banning purfume in the office?

Pigeon said:
Case in point re: bad 'rock' stations. This station just played 'What if God was one of us' followed by Sum 41. Someone chop my ears off now, please.

Shouldn't there be a rule about this sort of thing, like banning purfume in the office?

I like that song and what's wrong with Sum 41? :eek:

Wabbit said:
I like that song and what's wrong with Sum 41? :eek:
No offence meant! I can see why folks like it. Just not up my alley. Its more just that there is so much on these stations that sounds the same, and they play such songs at least twice a day. And don't tell, but i tend to prefer sum41 to the others of the genre.

KT Tunstall. A friend brought her CD home for me from a semester in Ireland. It's a pretty good CD, anyone else ever even heard of her (I hadn't)?

What a coincidence - just now I put all my mp3's in Winamp, hit 'shuffle', and the first song that came up was The Space Between by Dave Matthews.

Cheers

Martin said:
What a coincidence - just now I put all my mp3's in Winamp, hit 'shuffle', and the first song that came up was The Space Between by Dave Matthews.

Cheers

i love that song. stand up is very different from their other albums. it's going to take a few listen throughs before i really start to like it. american baby is a great song and smooth rider, i'm liking that too.
dave always manages to deliver some great "hot sex" songs. some of his lyrics.....*shivers*

mehastings said:
KT Tunstall. A friend brought her CD home for me from a semester in Ireland. It's a pretty good CD, anyone else ever even heard of her (I hadn't)?

KT Tunstall is great; a great antidote to all these supposed singer/songwriter/guitarist girls that have appeared of late. She looks as if she'd be good live too - I seen her on the telly and she records all the rhythms on some doodaa during the performance and, as the song builds up, each layer is plastered across the other: beats, riffs, percussion, and vocals. Breathtaking stuff. And she's Scottish too. :D

I just got Tori Amos's Tales of a Librarian.

I've never heard Tori before, and was wondering if Librarian is a good place to start...

ds

Thanks, man! More recently i've been listening to Joss Stone... she's not too bad, but her album Body, Mind and Soul (I think) have a couple of songs that sound the same. :eek:

ds

See above - KT Tunstall comes highly recommended as a proper singer/songwriter that has made her name by gigging, hard work, and talent and not being some voice/face that can be sold

White Stripes

Are other folks as disappointed with the new White Stripes album as I am? From the reviews I read, I wasn’t expecting a whole lot. But I just loved the other ones so much, I figured this one couldn’t be that bad.

Damn.

Back