• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

Once again I'm listening to the Antony & The Johnsons album called I Am A Bird Now. I highly recommend it as, by looking at the reviews on Amazon, everyone does.

Halo said:
The Kill Bill Volume I soundtrack - various
We were out on the patio at one of my favourite watering holes the other night, and they were playing music as usual. I didn't pay too much attention until I heard the whistling section from Kill Bill (not sure what it's called). Someone had obviously turned it up for the whistling, because it soon broke into a very LOUD instrumental piece which suggested something sinister was about to occur. With the accoustics in the patio area it was very, very bizarre! Like I was suddenly in a horror film!

my anna nalick cd....it's one of the best cd's i've heard in a long time....every song is as equally good as the one before....

bobbyburns said:
the new live kraftwerk album. I think it tops all their other stuff. it's really awesome.
hey, where are they from and what kinda music do they make? i heard a lot about them...

they're from düsseldorf, I think. the music is sort of an electronic-style pop (they call it "robot pop"). my friend saw them live in nyc a couple weeks ago, and he said the line to get into the concert was two blocks long. I didn't realize they were touring, otherwise I would've gone to their show in detroit. they're one of my favorite electronic bands. if you've ever heard YMO, it's pretty much the same style of music.

bobbyburns said:
serge gainsbourg, comic strip.

Excellent choice. I love Serge. Also, Mick Harvey (Birthday Party, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) did two great albums in the 90s whereby he translated the songs of Serge to English.

thanks for the info, stewart. I've heard of the birthday party and nick cave & the bad seeds, but I don't own any of their albums. I'm off to check them out now.

i think i have od'd on coldplay so i am going to listen to some rolling stones. just to kick it up a notch.

Back