• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

I WAS listening to This Americal Life from Public Radio International, but couldn't find it on the computer, boo hoo. :( I pick it up on KQED, a San Francisco public radio station. I wonder, since it's Public Radio International whether it is carried internationally ... surely, yes, but I still wonder. It's full of piquant little stories. It's where I first heard David Sedaris (reading his own stories.)

And some of us even like old time music and bluegrass. I believe I will put on a Hazel Dickens CD for my morning treadmill workout. :)

Yup, old time, that's me too. I named my youngest daughter with Hazel Dickens in mind. Ralph Stanley, Laurie Lewis and so on. I've been searching for the opportunity to use her Texas Blue Bonnets song on the neverending song thread, but no luck so far...probably missed at least one chance in a thread that long. :rolleyes:

I'm currently listening to 'Crazy' by Patsy Cline. It still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

bren said:
Yup, old time, that's me too. I named my youngest daughter with Hazel Dickens in mind. Ralph Stanley, Laurie Lewis and so on. I've been searching for the opportunity to use her Texas Blue Bonnets song on the neverending song thread, but no luck so far...probably missed at least one chance in a thread that long. :rolleyes:
I have 2 of her CD's, both good:

It's Hard To tell The Singer From the Song
By The Sweat Of My Brow

abecedarian said:
I think we're a pretty diverse/ecletic bunch here...;)
stop calling me those names. ;) :)

gotta run, we are under a tornado watch and it is looking pretty dark over the mountain........later

muggle said:
I have 2 of her CD's, both good:

It's Hard To tell The Singer From the Song
By The Sweat Of My Brow

stop calling me those names. ;) :)

gotta run, we are under a tornado watch and it is looking pretty dark over the mountain........later

Take care!!

I am going to listen to the "Bluegrass Collection" by the Osborne Brothers while I do my morning treadmill exercise.....a little late this morning as I was busy showing the house to a prospective buyer. :(

I love the Osborne Brothers..now I'll be thinking about them all day.."Miss those Georgia Piney Woods, ancient home of Creek, and the Cherokee, and me...!"

Back