• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you snacking on today? :-D

Wabbit

Right now I have some roasted peanuts that I am snacking on! There is a chocolate bar in the fridge for later! Mmmmm, book reading and chocolate! Yumtastic! :-D

im about to run to get a kevab, and then im going to eat it while watching "fear and loathing in las vegas"

COFFEE! You have the right idea! The force is with you!

Are you at the twitching point yet? That's when you know you are getting enough cafine :-D

leftover pie from thanksgiving, chocolate cream. :)

but i am officially on a diet as of tomorrow, so need to go to the store and get nuts, fruit and veggies.

SillyWabbit said:
Yum :-D gonna get chili sauce on that?

well now that you mention it, i happen to have a bottle of chipotle sauce and a bottle of habanero sauce at hand
oh choices :rolleyes:

Ashlea said:
but i am officially on a diet as of tomorrow, so need to go to the store and get nuts, fruit and veggies.
Diet??? Whats that :confused: I couldn't live without my daily ration of chocolate and coke :D (Well obviously I could but I certainly wouldn't want to :p )

I had some chocolate things that looked like Pringles last night which were rather nice - can't or the life of me remember what they were called though :rolleyes: Failing that - after eights are always a good box of chocolates to have around :)

Ice said:
Diet??? Whats that :confused:

Don't Include Eating Today.

I had some chocolate things that looked like Pringles last night which were rather nice - can't or the life of me remember what they were called though

Were thay Snaps or something? Seen them on those bizarre new Cadburys adverts.

Just back from the football today and the team had a new delicacy in the shop - a chicken balti pie. :cool:

Best football food - not just said pie - in the whole of the UK.

Ice said:
Diet??? Whats that :confused:

A diet is one of those things that people say they are going to go on - usually because they are overweight - and last for a few weeks but don't realise that it is not enough to just eat healthier food as you have to include more exercise to complement the diet. Eating 'healthier' can, at times, have a similar calorie content - it's the activity that burns the fat off.

So you don't advocate exercising in a fasted state then?

Depleting your carbs is good if you want to see instant 'weight' loss on the scale, which can be motivating enough to get you to carry on for a bit longer.

Instant weight loss will only cause you to go back to eating all the crap again meaning you'll want to cut it out of your diet in the future again for instant weight loss. Rather than having a sporadic diet akin to the put-put of a rusty old car keep a regular diet balanced with exercise and you'll feel better overall. Short term thinking isn't, in my opinion, good.

Abulafia said:
A diet is one of those things that people say they are going to go on - usually because they are overweight - and last for a few weeks but don't realise that it is not enough to just eat healthier food as you have to include more exercise to complement the diet. Eating 'healthier' can, at times, have a similar calorie content - it's the activity that burns the fat off.
Then I would suggest getting a dog - a great way to force you to exercise (say the voice of experience). The last few years I never did any exercise - now I walk for at least an hour a day :rolleyes: I'm sure its good for me somehow!

Ritz Crackers and Kraft Easy Cheese are on the desk next to me. But, hmm. . . there IS some leftover pumpkin cake in the fridge. Yum. Perhaps a turkey sandwich first, though.

Ice, you're thinking of "Swoops". They have York peppermint patties, Hershey's, Reese's peanut butter and other flavors.

Had something interesting for dinner last night. Saw the recipe on an early news program. Take leftover mashed potatoes, cut up some turkey into tiny pieces, mix it in the potatoes, take a dollop of cream cheese (or sour cream if you prefer), mix in some chives (I don't like chives, so I used onion powder) and roll them into meatball-sized balls. Then you crush up some stuffing mix into crumbs, roll the balls around and fry them in a skillet until the breading is brown. Pour some leftover (or newly made) gravy over, and YUM! :D Something new for the leftovers! Yay!

Back