• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you snacking on today? :-D

Those 'Swoops' sound interesting but i'm afraid we don't get them over here :)

Freya - you were right - they're Cadbury's Snaps (and were rather nice :D - from what I remember)

Currently i have formed a small pile on my lap, consisting of -

One empty bag Barbecue Beef flavour crisps - dont taste very nice, give you very bad breath for at least ten years, but they were all we had left in the bag.
One empty Muller Corner yoghurt (Mississippi Mud Pie flavour)
One empty packet of Pesto flavour crackers - Bah!! Healthiness, mental note to visit supermarket and stock on chocolate and Haribo.

Plus, one empty glass formerly containing Choccie Nesquik (packet now empty <sob>).

Conclusion, must get more unhealthy food, starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel crap eating wise.

Phil :D

Freya said:
So you don't advocate exercising in a fasted state then?

Depleting your carbs is good if you want to see instant 'weight' loss on the scale, which can be motivating enough to get you to carry on for a bit longer.

Always fun to watch all the girls at my school jump on the machines, then immediately run over to the scale afterwards.... :rolleyes:

It's more fun when they all whine, 'I'm sick of coming here and not losing any weight' then proceed to chat to their mate in the corner for 20 mins.

True@1stLight said:
Always fun to watch all the girls at my school jump on the machines, then immediately run over to the scale afterwards.... :rolleyes:

Heck, that was nothing compared to watching grown women at a weight lifting tournament run around the building wearing rubber pants, sucking down diuretic tablets and then purging in the bathroom in order to make their weight class. :eek: And then they wondered why it was difficult to lift several hundred pounds. :confused: :rolleyes:

Many years ago I used to run a ladies keep fit class. All the ladies would turn up and get a cofee (three sugars), a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar. Then thirty minutes of exercise followed by a ten minute break (cofee (three sugars), a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar). Then another thirty minutes exercise and ten minutes winding down (cofee (three sugars), a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar). Nobody got any fitter or lost any weight but everyone had a lovely time and made lots of friends. Although I was quite fit in those days.

I can just see him now. Class full of middle aged, chubby housewives, sweating and panting away, with a spandex-clad Billy O stood at the front chanting, 'Grapevine to the left... Squat for three... Grapevine to the right... And LUNGE!'

Freya said:
Is anyone else visualising Billy O in spandex?

You just had to mention me and spandex in the same sentence didn't you? Now you'll have set Irene Wilde's imagination onto overtime again. And then RaVeN will go all weird on me. Haven't you learned anything from other threads and previous posts?

And anyway I wore white shorts and vest and socks and basketball boots. And I looked an absolute sex god apart from being incredibly skinny.

Billy Oblivion said:
And then RaVeN will go all weird on me.

I can't help myself. The thought of you in creme de mint spandex, covered in olive oil brings me to a bubbly froth.

GET BACK BITCH!

He's mine! ALL mine I tell you!

RaVeN

Chocolate

MMMMM, did you know that chocolate was called the divine drink before it became a bar? Because during fasting periods the priests agreed with it as it was a good and acceptable energizer.
Now I've just discovered some delicious caramel biscuits at the shop around the corner but I generally snack in chocolate, I couldn't imagine my life without it, I could write a book about it and I could break chains if someone put them around my fridge to prevent me from getting the chocolate inside it. ;)

Back