• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What character in a book reminds you of yourself?

I find parts of myself in a lot of characters, I remember thinking that I was a bit like Prince Andrew in War and Peace, but I think that was mostly because his reflective period.

Boy, this is a tough one: All this talk of Tigger makes me think of the fact that I am often compared to Eeyore (sp.?), but don't really think of myself that way.
When I was younger and feeling more melodramatic, I often thought of myself in terms of Axel Heyst (from Conrad's Victory).
As a boy, I tried to think of myself in terms of Encyclopedia Brown (hence the book addiction).
These days, I'm not sure.

Excellent question, Novella! I want to say the author Barbara Kingsolver, but that'd be stretching a point. Well, two points, since you asked for a character and not for an author. It's just that I agree so wholeheartedly with Kingsolver.

So. You didn't ask who we wish we were more like, but which character (s) we identify with...

Something to sleep on, definitely.

:)

funes said:
Boy, this is a tough one: All this talk of Tigger makes me think of the fact that I am often compared to Eeyore (sp.?), but don't really think of myself that way.
When I was younger and feeling more melodramatic, I often thought of myself in terms of Axel Heyst (from Conrad's Victory).
As a boy, I tried to think of myself in terms of Encyclopedia Brown (hence the book addiction).
These days, I'm not sure.

Oh man, I was Harriet the Spy. I did that too, buying my little notebooks and creeping around the nabe taking notes. "Mrs. Shea is making salad . . . Mr. Maline walked the dog."

I empathized with Scout Finch, but I was Harriet.

The first character that comes to mind when I read this question is 'Scout Finch.' I have a had a similar childhood, reading newspaper sitting on my pa's lap, he giving me little lessons on life. Oh, it was very very similar. Thats the character that I can relate to the most.
But, to be honest, there is one character or the other in every book which I can relate to, who I feel is so much like me. :)

Hey, Sillywabbit, you shouldnt have changed your avatar. :D

sanyuja said:
Hey, Sillywabbit, you shouldnt have changed your avatar. :D

I'll second that. :( That new dead bunny is creeping me out! (OK, I know it's a puppet, but it looks like a rabbit that has been flattened and gone on to the great warren in the sky.) I miss the lovely, happy, bouncing bunny that always cheered me up. Please bring him back, Wabbit! :D

Libra6Poe said:
and you are.

HORAY :)

Halo said:
Originally Posted by sanyuja
Hey, Sillywabbit, you shouldnt have changed your avatar.

I'll second that. That new dead bunny is creeping me out! (OK, I know it's a puppet, but it looks like a rabbit that has been flattened and gone on to the great warren in the sky.) I miss the lovely, happy, bouncing bunny that always cheered me up. Please bring him back, Wabbit!

He will return! he is just on his holidays! Right now he is laying on a nice sunny beach :cool:

novella said:
I thought it was STOCHASTIC + SARDONIC, resulting in a random yet humorous spelling accident.

stochastic:

1 : RANDOM; specifically : involving a random variable <a stochastic process>
2 : involving chance or probability : PROBABILISTIC <a stochastic model of radiation-induced mutation>
- sto·chas·ti·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

This word is getting better as it evolves!

:D

Juliet. :D
Only kidding. :p I have never thought about this. I think I'll pay more attention to that from now on.;)
However I do to find characters in books, who remind me of people around me. :)

I have a strong feeling that I'm like Hermione Granger the Braniac in Harry Potter series. I have her motivation, her effort, her willingness to study, and her perfection (although I don't get perfect marks on all tests, I get perfect marks on most tests). In my opinion, Hermione is a very wonderful academic fictional character. I really admire her and I hope we have more Hermiones in our world! :)

I can see myself as the maincharacter in "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintainence". Cause he thinks alot and analyses things into the ground. and i can really be like that. Although, he can seem kinda depressing, and i hope im not like that. ;)

oh love4oneanother, where did prince go?????? LOVE PRINCE. love him.

anyway . growing up i felt like jo march, always wanting to have big andventures, tomboyish, stubborn.

prince is in toronto. if you have 6 million dollars to spend on a house, you can buy one next door to him. it's only six million dollars canadian, so it's not much. ;)

Back