• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What did you read in May?

shadforth

The Declaration by Gemma Malley :star4:
The Sixth Lamentation by William Brodrick :star4:
The Last Ride by Thomas Eidson :star4:
Resistance by Alan Savage :star4:
The Railway Detective by Edward Marston :star3:
Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman 4/5

The Lazarus Project - Hemon, Aleksandar (Bosnia/US) 3/5
Darling River - Stridsberg, Sara (Sweden) 5/5
And Another Thing - Colfer, Eoin (Ireland) 1/5
Siberian Education - Lilin, Nicolai (Moldova/Italy) 2/5
At Swim-Two-Birds - O'Brien, Flynn (Ireland) 4/5
Between The Assassinations - Adiga, Aravind (India) 3/5

Summer Knight by Jim Butcher :star3:
On Dangerous Ground by Jack Higgins :star1:
Angel of Death by Jack Higgins :star3:

I think that's about it.

Gladiatrix – Russell Whitfield
The Iliad – Homer
The Book of Chinese Beliefs – Frena Bloomfield
The Red Pyramid – Rick Riordan
100 Heartbeats – Jeff Corwin
The Unicorn Dancer – R.A.V. Salsitz
The Scarlet Slipper Mystery – Carolyn Keene

The Brief Wondrous life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz
Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut
Intensity, Dean Koontz

Muay Thai: A Living Legacy - Lesley D. Junlakan

Contra Cross: Insurgency And Tyranny in Central America, 1979-1989
William R. Meara

Ya Basta! Ten Years of the Zapatista Uprising - Subcomandante Insurgente Marcos

Challenges of CAFTA: Challenges And Opportunities for Central America -Daniel Lederman

odd reading month..

The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
Drink With Devil by Jack Higgins
The Black Ice by Michael Connelly
The Presidents Daughter by Jack Higgins
Sleep No More by Greg Iles

I hear that subcommandante has published some childrens books. How did you like this book?

I loved it. I have always liked and supported the EZLN though , maybe that had something to do with it. But I don't think so. It was extremely interesting and intelligently written and even funny. Of course I wouldn't expect anything less from him, after hearing his speeches. It has a lot of essays and stuff and facts, It was great.Most books I read like this aren't all that long 100-200 pages it seems.This was about 700. So its jam packed with info and stories and essays.

I know he wrote a kids book called The History Of Colors. I'm not sure what it is about exactly though.
The Story of Colors / La Historia de los Colores - A Bilingual Folktale from the Jungles of Chiapas - by Subcomandante Marcos | Cinco Puntos Press | Independent Book Publisher
guessing it's hard to find.

There is a lot of great resources on the EZLN on the net. Thing have died down considerably though, I think the Mexican government has larger problems on their hands now, especially with their efforts to stop the drug trade. I hope Chiapas is now seeing some much needed peace and economic growth.

I think they are.Even though i think CAFTA screwed a lot of indigenous people. Not that id say they died down. I would say the government did. The EZLN is still just as prepared to fight back in a second. But i think after that first kind of big fight they had, they realized the mexican army couldn't fight against their jungle warfare. I also heard Marcos may write a book on Israel and whats going on over there.......who knows.

Yea speaking of mexican drug trade, have you seen that house they raided? crazyyyy
MEXICAN DRUG LORD'S HOME AFTER BEING RAIDED
maybe this should have its own thread, but i figured everyone has seen it.

Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll.
Maigret and the Wine Merchant, by Georges Simenon.

Back