• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do bookworms do for exercise?

aww, you're really a big old love bug, aren't ya? You can admit it to me, nobody else is here. *bats eyelashes*

Nope. I have a heart of stone and ice. Everyone on this web site knows that. I'm a hairs breadth from being banned for being a foul mouthed curmudgeon.

You're such a sweet guy, aren't you?

Lentils are quite tasty, I reckon.

Bitter old coot!

I realise this might be a nerw concept for an American but try looking in a dictionary. You might be a bloody student but I'm not a bloody schoolteacher.

*back on topic*

I chase a two year old around all day. When the weather is nice, he insists on going for a ride on the bicycle - about 4 miles. I also garden occaisionally, and during summer the children and i go swimming almost every day.

phil_t said:
Im impressed that your two year old can ride 4 miles on a bike at that age!! :D

Phil

Haha. :p I never said he pedalled. :rolleyes: He enjoys the view and I fight the wind. But its okay, I need motivation to exercise and he gives me a good reason.

Skating

I love it, roller-blading in summer and skating in winter. Nothing compares to that sensation like flying on the ice, like having wings at your ankles. And in summer, early in the morning I go on an alley under the chest-nut trees and it's only me and the trees and the wind cause the kids aren't up yet to come with their bikes.
Skating is lovely, I don't see it as effort, it makes you float and be dreamy even if you keep your feet on the ground, it 's great.;)

I used to roller blade in the summer! I must get myself some new wheels as mine have worn down doing T-stops!

I too, like the sensation of flying/gliding :)

First thing in the morning, I do 45 minutes of either stationary bike or elliptical motion machine. At lunch, I do 45 to 60 minutes of lifting. I don't always do that much cardio, but right now, I'm shedding some winter weight, so on top of working out, I'm only eating carbs after exercise. Punishment, but it works. I also take supplements. Anybody else here do that?

Back