• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do bookworms do for exercise?

I've finally started an exercise regiment that I've stuck to pretty much to.

Every morning, I'm up at 4am and out the door by 4:30am to ride on the local recreation center's stationary bike for a half hour. Usually get about 10 miles down in that time period. Better than nothing, eh? My arms also get exercise as I'm biking because I insist on bringing my hardcover book along with me. :p

Laser Quest

I play pool (pint in hand) - does that count???

I played tennis 3 times last week....for the first time in 5 years - feeling the pain now!!! Partly also caused by going to Laser Quest last weekend. (Lots of swatting down, trying to hide behind 2 foot walls). I was previously a Laser Quest virgin but I have to say I loved it!!!!!!!.....Even if I did end up with minus points on one game :p

Does everyone know what I'm talking about? Not sure if it exists abroad!

I play soccer 5 or 6 days a week and I play basketball whenever I can. I'm also trying to get into a running schedule, but the rain has washed that out of my mind. :D

i walk thru the inn at least 70 million (ok, a tad exaggeration--it's only 50) times a day..that keeps me in pretty good shape.....in all seriousness, i have 5 little dogs that i walk 40 million times a day due to their small bladders.

I'm a walker. When I'm not reading I'm making my way to and from the kitchen. :D

When circumstances permit I slog up and down the trails with 30 pounds of camera gear, chasing after frogs or other critters. Sometimes I leave the camera gear home and just enjoy slogging up and down the trails without the extra weight. I usually get out once a week for a 9 mile hike and once a week for a 3 mile walk.

I go to the gym four times a week, a combination of cardio and weights.

Like Martin, I also play snooker - and no, it doesn't count as exercise!

Write. Let the pen swiggle around the page. Let the fingers dance over the keyboard. Oh yeah, and I work full time.

I fence. I started in september with Bangor Blades Fencing Club in Noerthern Ireland. We went to a Competition in Bristol and got completely thrashed (we were up against the UK champion and His team at one point...) Club is now on a summer break, I won two trophies and obtrained my proficency certificate for Foil Grade 1. (im happy :D) other than that, I turn pages and type :D

That's it! Next year I am going to run the Canberra Marathon! Promising myself every year! I WILL DO IT! I WILL DO IT!

Work out in the morning six days a week. I also walk to class from downtown (about 3/4 mile) and work in a full-time job where I stand all day.

The words exercise, workout and gym make me cringe but despite that I am very active. I walk about 2 miles a day, I do yoga 3 days a week and I love dancing, I started with ballet, tap, ballroom, western when young and when I was old enough to go clubbing I started going at least once a week. Last year I started belly dancing and I'm trying to convince someone to take swing lessons with me. I also like to swim, horseback riding and kayaking in nice weather.

I go to the student rec center 2-3 times a week and spend 25 minutes on the elliptical. Pretty much the minimum, but during the fall and spring semesters I walk quite a bit, U of I is a very large school.

I ran my first ever "sanctioned 5k race" for charity today. I normally just run around my neighborhood by myself. Starting off in a pack of over 250, and probably over 350 if you count the people who walked it, was quite an interesting experience. Old, young, thin, overweight, all colors, kids, male and female.....there's a surprising number of people that like to exercise. I guess when you read so much about the obesity problem you get a bit shocked at the number of people who enjoy the opposite end of the spectrum.

I ran the 5k (3.1 miles) in about 26 minutes flat. Based on last years results that should put me finishing around 110th-125th place out of close to 300 people...the official results will be posted in a few days so I'll know more then...but it was kinda fun...plus I helped out the local Blood Bank in the process.

Happy Saturday.

This one does sod all at the moment and is not looking good for it. I used to do a lot of youthwork and was forever running around playing football, basketball or some silly wide game. Two years in this job has turned me in to a 6ft 3inch fat git.

In some ways the height helps as its not as obvious but as I'm about to start a job with normal hours soon and not shifts here there and everywhere I'll be able to start playing tennis and badminton again.

I tried a 50mile run last sunday, stopped at 40miles because of blisters :cool: am thinking about entering a tandem triathlon next year just need to find a good stoker :)

Back