• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do bookworms do for exercise?

Idecided on Saturday night to walk into town to hit the pubs. After hitting clubs/pubs for hours on end, my drunken slef decided to walk home. I covered over 30ks Saturday with a belly full of piss... ugh!

Aardvark said:
I tried a 50mile run last sunday, stopped at 40miles because of blisters :cool: am thinking about entering a tandem triathlon next year just need to find a good stoker :)

I can not conceive of running 50 miles...how do you even train for that kind of distance? How many miles do you run a week, and how many times a week?

please tell me of your typical week of exercise...I'm totally in awe of somebody that could run almost two full marathons in sucsession....that's amazing.....I bow to you in my pathetic humbleness.....

I can not conceive of running 50 miles...how do you even train for that kind of distance? How many miles do you run a week, and how many times a week?

At the moment I run about five times a week for between 30 -60min at a time. I do lots of other stuff too, Yoga, Tai chi, body balance, swim, cycle, climbing & spin but all in fairly small chunks. The 50 mile thing is probably easier than a marathon, its all about will power, keeping a steady pace and how long you can ignore any blisters that happen on the way :D

What are your favorite running shoes? I am currently stuck on Saucony.
They seem to like me the best, but I'm only running 3 or 4 times a week and only for around 25 minutes at a time.

I am an Asics freak. Used to be Nike freak until I fractured my foot running on concrete... Nike runners are for the perfect feet which I do not have!

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I lift for 2 hours and work abs inbetween lifting.
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I bike for 2 hours or run for an hour.
Everynight before I go to bed I do 700 crunches and 75 pushups.
Sundays I take a complete break.

Sonny is making me want to put my head back in the oven!

I do the Richard Simmons video "Sweatin' to the Oldies" every morning (M-F).

Since I got out of the Corps, I don't excercise much. Still eat a lot, though! :eek:

I used to ride horses (if you don't think that is excercise, you haven't done it well, or for long! :D )

I try to ride my bike once a week, but it usually only happens once or twice a month.

I do play a lot of softball with my daughter, and help coach. That keeps the blood pumping!

leckert said:
Sonny is making me want to put my head back in the oven!

I do the Richard Simmons video "Sweatin' to the Oldies" every morning (M-F).

Since I got out of the Corps, I don't excercise much. Still eat a lot, though! :eek:

I used to ride horses (if you don't think that is excercise, you haven't done it well, or for long! :D )

I try to ride my bike once a week, but it usually only happens once or twice a month.

I do play a lot of softball with my daughter, and help coach. That keeps the blood pumping!
Don't worry, it's only because I don't have a job. Making my summer before college as relaxing as possible.

Sonny673 said:
Don't worry, it's only because I don't have a job. Making my summer before college as relaxing as possible.

Yeah...can we put this in some perspective please....How old are you Sonny? Any kids? You state you have no job...so are you living at home with the parental units?

Sounds like you are about 18 years old just getting ready for freshman year...right?

Go easy on yourself there leckert...although you might not want to admit to doin' "Sweatin To The Oldies"... :eek:

I'm jammin' Metallica's "Black" album right now....

Motokid said:
Go easy on yourself there leckert...although you might not want to admit to doin' "Sweatin To The Oldies"... :eek:

I have no shame!

I am comfortable in my masculinity, and my age!

Richard Simmons is DA MAN! (well, sort of!)

Motokid said:
Yeah...can we put this in some perspective please....How old are you Sonny? Any kids? You state you have no job...so are you living at home with the parental units?

Sounds like you are about 18 years old just getting ready for freshman year...right?

I'm jammin' Metallica's "Black" album right now....
Yes, I'm 18 with zero kids. It's so shocking! :p

I had a job for nine months until they canned me recently, and even with that job I still managed to fit in my workout.

And yes, I'll be starting freshman year September 12th.

I walk and do housework (I consider that exercise). Sometimes I read on our stationary bike. Mostly walk though. I use it as a form of transportation as I've never had a driver's license and don't think I'll have one anytime soon. Gas is so expensive anyway. And walking has allowed me to really get to know my city (yes and it's libraries and bookstores). I also have been spending about 15-20 minutes three days a week strength training (at home).

I garden and hike. We just put in an 11,000 square foot garden so I have a lot of a lot of weeding ahead of me.

Some cool and interesting ideas above.... :)

I do a weights workout 3times a week. My friends and I also try to do at least to 2 cardio workouts per week, (eg. Basketball, Tennis, Sprints).
I really enjoy putting my body through this training every week, makes me sleep better, feel lighter on my feet, not as tired and sluggish in the mornings.

For me, I can't live without sports. One major sports is swimming which I practice throughout the year. In the winter, I subscribe to an indoor pool and visit regularly. I also go snowboarding in the winter, there are nice slopes here in Lebanon. This is one of the things that make Lebanon amazing, we have the beach and sea in the summer and we have the mountains in winter ... :cool:

I used to play soccer a loooot, until I twisted my leg :( which took a lot of time to heal, and till now I can't run much on it... I have started going to the gym for body building. I'm also planning on playing tennis this summer, though it has been a while. I'm also a very good table tennis (ping-poing) player. ;)

Back