• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do bookworms do for exercise?

I'm an avid runner (training for another marathon in May) and fitness enthusiast. I'm not much of a group workout person. Running, biking, yoga (by myself or somebody else), weight-lifting, etc. I'm thinking about getting back into martial arts, but it's dubious since I'll be moving sometime soon.

Between work, college, and reading I literally don't have even a minute for exercise (posting on the internet would count as time I could be reading lol). It's okay though because I have a pretty fast metabolism and I eat healthy enough.

Well before college I also did martial arts three days a week and that was a pretty good work out.

I'm no bookworm, but I want to win a marathon so that I can wear the medal everywhere.

Alot of the people on this forum are from england. I've always wondered if the english channel is full of people swimming to and from france?

You want to WIN a marathon? That's highly intense. Do you mean COMPLETE a marathon? Cause that's what I shoot for.

I know it's tough with college, work, and reading, but you have to do it. Make time for it. Force yourself. A lack of motivation is deadly. At least do yoga.

Every morning and every evening I walk a couple of miles. I also use resistance bands for my calisthenics and muscle workout.

I go to a womens only gym 3 times a week, combination of cardio and strength training. I really notice the change in my energy levels, mood and waistline if I don't go for a while so I try to go regularly.
I also have a job that keeps me moving all the time, I'm a carer for the elderly so I'm either walking, pushing a lifter or wheelchair or doing some form of manual handling.

I have a job that's close by... So every other day I run home then do push ups and situps... 30min 3 times a week...

Gym 3 time a week,horse riding when i can,Wood cutting in winter,(olive trees)for fire wood,run with the dogs(4 of them)sometime i work on building sites.But do i qualify for the bookworm appellation?

I try to go to the gym three or four times a week and I dabble with a bit of rock climbing too. Also do a bit of the old DIY in the house or garden.

I take a spin class at the local gym twice a week, I also do yoga every morning while listening to audio books. :)

I dabble in exercise. I do yoga once a week (I'd love to do more if I had the time), plus I get up at 4am to hit the gym and do either cardio (treadmill) or weight lifting before work. Since I work and go to school at night, I have to find time to work out, or I'll be the biggest slug ever.

It's funny, I once put my foot down about getting up at 4am to be at the gym by 5am, especially since I don't get home from class until 9:30 at night. I said I'd never be able to do it. Now I do it. Not happily, mind you - there are quite a few mornings where the bed wins out. But I've proven that I can do it :D

I'd say I walk my dog, but the truth is she walks me. She's just a short thing (Bassett Hound), but with her center of gravity so low to the ground, she can out-muscle me anyday, especially if she catches a good scent to follow.

I also do yoga when time permits (not as often as I'd like lately). I don't run unless chased (even then it depends on who's chasing me) since I have a pinched nerve in my back and rather weak knees and ankles (I'm entirely too young for this!) having done significant damage playing sports in my youth.

I dance when no one is looking, have a tendency to run from room to room when attempting to cook dinner and play poker online at the same time and housework is always a workout.

Other than that, well, ummm... errr... how do I put this delicately? Let's just say my hubby is a great workout partner!:eek:

I'd say I'm a very active person with at least 3 hours of exercise daily. Mostly it consists of cardio kick boxing in the morning and weight lifting in the evening. I also run, play active badminton. Three times a week I am exercising a group of obese children which includes nutrition and cooking together on weekends.

Back