• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you do with a book you've read?

I keep all the books that I have read, regardless of weither I liked it or not. I just can't stand the thought of even giving my books away - I like to lend them out to people so that I can get their opinion on it too.

I keep all my books, of course. I could never part with them! They are like my babies!

When I'm older and move into my own house and start my own family...I want to have a room where every wall is a books shelf, just covered in books. I'm starting my collection now.

I dont know how someone can throw out a book! The thought of that is inconcievable!

Lani

Right now I live in a small apartment and just do not have room for my books.

I will keep any classic children's literature I read, because I love the idea that when I have children I can just present them with a shelf of books around their 7th or 8th birthday. Or just read them the stories at some point. Daydreaming.. but a lovely idea.

I keep the books I really love and can't bear to part with. However, most of my books I will give away. I have started to do bookcrossing with quite a few. I will also give them to patients at work who like to read, to co-workers, or to my father. My father reads as much as me if not more and he is just pleased as he can be that one of his kids finally enjoys reading like him. My Mother just sits on the sidelines while we discuss our books. I have two co-workers who read alot, I know the genres they each enjoy, and will give anything I have in those categories to them. My father and one of the respiratory therapists on my floor enjoy the same books (Alternative History). I mentioned them to each other and now, by using me as a medium, they trade books back and forth. They have never met, but they both feel as if the invisible book buddy must be a kindred soul. I just get to be a delivery girl. The both of them are just ecstatic whenever I show up with my little packages.

i have my own collection of books in my room and my dad keeps telling me i shoudl throw some away but i tell him to do the same thing and he shuts up. he has way more than me. i keep all of mine unless i grow out of them. i recently had a huge blitz on them and nearly broke my heart. but i always re-read ones that i have, especially ones i really liked. when can't be bothered to catch the bus to the library coz its raining, is a brilliant time to re-read books.

I want to have a room where every wall is a books shelf, just covered in books. I'm starting my collection now.

totally. i dream about having this reli quiet room full of books with comfy bean bags and a sofa and a nice big radiator so i dont get too cold mmmm perfect

totally. i dream about having this reli quiet room full of books with comfy bean bags and a sofa and a nice big radiator so i dont get too cold mmmm perfect[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the tall floorlamps so as not to go blind;) And a stack of blank notebooks and coffee can full of pens for notes...throw in a soft quilt and a mug of cocoa or coffee, and that's the perfect reading room!

Our local libraries have used book areas that allow you to drop off or carry away as many as you like. Excellent in that you can pick up anything that looks even slightly interesting then pass it on to friends or drop it off again.

I sort read books by the questions " Do I want to reread this again sometime?" "Is it in print?"

Back