• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what do you do?

lady.cordelia

what do you do for a living currently (outside of spending too much time on forums that is?) ;)

and this is even to the young 'uns, so feel free to mention student or any side job you have.

just curious?

as mentioned in my siggy, i am a mom of 4 and am currently homeschooling three of them (one is just a toddler). up until last year, i owned my own business that i ran out of my home and predominantly just had people working for me the last two years of the business so i could focus more on the kids. it just got to where most of my income was going to outsourcing and expenditures that it was fruitless to keep it going and have to worry about all of the corporate tax crap. so, i closed it in june and gave my clients to my best subcontractor for her business.

I'm a stay at home mom, homeschooling the youngest 7 kids this year. Hard to believe my youngest is finally 5..

I'm a Personal Banker with a major Canadian bank, hopefully going back to school In January of 2007. I was admitted into Social Work but will be trying to transfer back into Education within two years.

I'm between my first and second year as a masters student in computational mechanics. I'm working for NASA at the moment doing aeromechanics research.

I work as an auditor in a world wide audit/business advisory company. Finished my bachelor degree as auditor last year. So I've been working for almost a year now.

Stewart said:
There's already a thread on this topic.

didn't your mama tell you if you don't have something to contribute to shut your mouth? ;) or how about if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. ;)

anyways, that post is 7 pages long and has people posting in it who are not even active anymore. there are so many new people, i thought it would be nice to start a "fresh" one for new faces and weed out the old inactive ones. besides, maybe some of those people changed what they do for a living!

abecedarian said:
I'm a stay at home mom, homeschooling the youngest 7 kids this year. Hard to believe my youngest is finally 5..

yay! i'm not the only homeschooler! how many kids do you have? and what does abecedarian mean anyways (someone else mentioned you had said so before, which helped to explain something to them, so i'm curious). do you use a classical model/method or at least literature-based? my youngest is 2 and my oldest is 8. we wanted at least 6 kids, but alas after my fourth my doctor said if i had another my children might not have a mommy (baby and mommy both almost died and every pregnancy i have had has been horrendous), so we put an end to it. i love large families!

or how about if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. ;)

How about, if you have something to say then make sure it hasn't been said before. :mad:

anyways, that post is 7 pages long and has people posting in it who are not even active anymore. there are so many new people, i thought it would be nice to start a "fresh" one for new faces and weed out the old inactive ones. besides, maybe some of those people changed what they do for a living!

If the old ones are inactive, who cares? If the new ones want they can add to it. If the current ones have changed then they are more than capable of saying so.

I am a stay home mom and university student. I do this and that to earn a little extra money, usually sewing, maybe a little babysitting to help out my sister. I used to do more, but it got to be a little much.

cordelia, don't mind stweart, he's the board's resident grouch.

Stewart said:
How about, if you have something to say then make sure it hasn't been said before. :mad:

If the old ones are inactive, who cares? If the new ones want they can add to it. If the current ones have changed then they are more than capable of saying so.

no need to get pissy. i was just teasing. :p

cajunmama said:
cordelia, don't mind stweart, he's the board's resident grouch.
oh don't worry. i actually was just having some fun with him. i often get a huge laugh out of his posts. he reminds me of my husband. AND i like to push buttons! ;)

Brilliant. I love pointless arguments. Maybe next we can talk about the difference between blue and purple. I should think Stewart would have something stunningly witty to say about it. I can't wait.

tundra said:
Brilliant. I love pointless arguments.

They usually happen on pointless threads. ;)

Maybe next we can talk about the difference between blue and purple.

Whoa, steady on there! Let's not open that particular can of worms again. :eek:

lady.cordelia said:
how many kids do you have? and what does abecedarian mean anyways (someone else mentioned you had said so before, which helped to explain something to them, so i'm curious). do you use a classical model/method or at least literature-based?!

I have 10 kids. The oldest two dds have just flown the coop-one got married last month and the other moved out two weeks ago to go to school in another city. The next dd is out of high school and working, but still at home. The rest are still in my clutches, er..well, I still have a measure of authority anyway! My methods are ecletic at best. I tend to do a quasi-classical/literature-based, but heavy on older methods like copywork and narration/discussion. Mostly I break up fights lately, so the first few weeks this year may be all about character training:rolleyes: I can't believe how some people can say parenting is boring:eek:

Stewart said:
Whoa, steady on there! Let's not open that particular can of worms again. :eek:

And he comes through. Have just added Stewart to my list of "most favorite people whom I barely know and will possibly remove at any moment".

well, one has red added to it!

sounds a bit like charlotte mason. i totally admire her philosophies and add that into my teaching, as well. have you been to amblesideonline?

tundra said:
Brilliant. I love pointless arguments. Maybe next we can talk about the difference between blue and purple. I should think Stewart would have something stunningly witty to say about it. I can't wait.
oh, his wit is astounding, is it not? ;)

Back