• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Kinda funny, and a bit sad to look back at what we were complaining about when this thread was first started...

what will we be paying 6 months from now?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

We're paying $1.10 CAD per litre which converts to about $3.48US per gallon!!!

It would help if people stopped driving gas-guzzling tanks.

It's just passed £0.90 per litre or so in the UK now, that's $6 per US gallon. My car used to take about £30 to fill the tank, now it takes almost £40. I don't complain though, as I know that as a car user I'm one of the world's bad guys, pollution wise and in terms of using up scarce resources; at least the price has got me to thinking about getting a bike for going short journeys to work etc.

I agree with Ell; every time I see an SUV or 4x4 I just think You profligate bastard.

When oh when will we wake up to cut down on oil dependence? Paper bags, please, not plastic; corn starch cellophane, not perspex sandwich windows. Oh and can I have a hydrogen fuel cell car while I'm at it?

Shade said:
I agree with Ell; every time I see an SUV or 4x4 I just think You profligate bastard.

I just laugh at them...imagine their gas bill at 10 mpg..... :eek:

If you can afford to drive it, fine, have at it....I'm glad I'm not footing your gas bill....

I don't think the price of gas would be any different today if everybody drove Honda Civic's verses Ford F150 4X4's....

Motokid said:
1 U.S. gallon equals 3.78541 liters

Price per gallon of gas around my area ranges form $1.85 to $1.95 for standard, regular grade unleaded.
So the average is $1.90 a gallon which equals roughly 50 cents a liter. This is all in U.S. currency by the way.

According to a web site $1.00 US = 1.85699 Pounds = 0.801538 Canadian = 1.27829 Euro=0.7669 Australian

So 50 US cents a liter = , 0.93 pounds, 0.4 Can., 0.64 Euro, 0.38 Aussie (rounded for simplicity)

What are you paying for gas where you live?

Ehhhh... Let me see... We pay for 1 L of mark-95 gas about 17 roubles. Mark-95 is the kind of gas we use for our Grand Vitara, and most people use for their imported cars. 17 roubles today is exactly $0,60. Not too bad for a country with LARGE resources?

By the way, your arithmetics is faulty: 50 US Cents cannot be equal to 0,93 Pounds. To 0,27 Pounds rather, I would say...

based on the exchange rate way back when:

"$1.00 US = 1.85699 Pounds"

50 cents is half a dollar....half a pound = .928495

that's my math....what's yours :confused:

Geenh said:
It's about $1.04 per litre here where I live. We don't get help with the romoteness. Sucks.
People in remote locations should have their petrol subsidised so that it's cheaper, with a tax on the people in cities to pay for the subsidy. It doesn't make sense that so many people drive to work when there is such good public transport in many cities. Melbourne is my case in point - the Government should invest in improving the already excellent public transit system and encourage people to drive to the nearest station and then ride the train. Most of us still need cars to get around, but driving into work every day when there is a perfectly acceptable, less costly, less environmentally detrimental, less stressful alternative

Motokid said:
based on the exchange rate way back when:

"$1.00 US = 1.85699 Pounds"

50 cents is half a dollar....half a pound = .928495

that's my math....what's yours :confused:

Vice versa: that's one pound that equals 1,86 dollars.
So roughly it is half pound that equals one dollar...

Alas, dollars are much cheaper than pounds...
:D

"1.00 USD United States Dollars = 0.552631 GBP United Kingdom Pounds"

Wow...this is what I got today....I wonder where all the brainiacks were when I first posted that....my bad...I'm a mental midget...it's best I stay in America.......a bow in humble silence :eek:

edit: here's the other conversions....I wonder how wrong I was with those...

1.00 USD
United States Dollars = 1.19754 CAD Canada Dollars

1.00 USD
United States Dollars = 1.30283 AUD Australia Dollars

1.00 USD
United States Dollars = 0.808975 EUR Euro

Motokid said:
"1.00 USD United States Dollars = 0.552631 GBP United Kingdom Pounds"

Wow...this is what I got today....I wonder where all the brainiacks were when I first posted that....my bad...I'm a mental midget...it's best I stay in America.......a bow in humble silence :eek:

Nevermind, Moto... It is my love for money that helped me here. And my nature to look out for mistakes of others...
:)
Bye, I'll leave for home in a minute.

Motokid said:
I just laugh at them...imagine their gas bill at 10 mpg..... :eek:

If you can afford to drive it, fine, have at it....I'm glad I'm not footing your gas bill....

I don't think the price of gas would be any different today if everybody drove Honda Civic's verses Ford F150 4X4's....
The problem is they (the gas-guzzlers) affect all of us. They increase demand, thereby driving up the price which then affects everybody's price at the pump. So, in effect we are footing their gas bill.

I just paid $2.64 for the cheep stuff. Ow!
Shade said:

Owning an SUV isn't always about extravagance. We have a jeep grand cherokee and a kia cinco. We've been talking about a new SUV because my car actually started sliding backwards a couple times on the way home from work last winter. SUV's and 4x4 pickups are very common around here and it's got nothing to do with money or status. As it is, we drive the Kia as much as possible in warmer months. We'd love to be able to get by with a couple prius hybrids, but it's just not practical.

I have a diesel so I paid $2.97 a gallon today to fill up. Good news is I get great gas milage so it will last for awhile.

Motokid said:
1 U.S. gallon equals 3.78541 liters

Price per gallon of gas around my area ranges form $1.85 to $1.95 for standard, regular grade unleaded.
So the average is $1.90 a gallon which equals roughly 50 cents a liter. This is all in U.S. currency by the way.

According to a web site $1.00 US = 1.85699 Pounds = 0.801538 Canadian = 1.27829 Euro=0.7669 Australian

So 50 US cents a liter = , 0.93 pounds, 0.4 Can., 0.64 Euro, 0.38 Aussie (rounded for simplicity)

What are you paying for gas where you live?

moto im in SE PA and its at $2.64 the highest ive ever seen it

We pay 1.44 euro a litre, which amounts to about $1.78. So, that's $6.74 per US gallon.

Ouch.

Cheers

mehastings said:
Owning an SUV isn't always about extravagance. We have a jeep grand cherokee and a kia cinco. We've been talking about a new SUV because my car actually started sliding backwards a couple times on the way home from work last winter. SUV's and 4x4 pickups are very common around here and it's got nothing to do with money or status. As it is, we drive the Kia as much as possible in warmer months. We'd love to be able to get by with a couple prius hybrids, but it's just not practical.
It may be true for you, but around here the weather is mild year-round and very few people really *need* those types of vehicles. Mostly, I see people with +++ disposable income and a new status toy. All they do is drive in the city to work or shopping! I mean, really, how many people need a 7-seater Suburban or HumV for city driving?

I've made it my own little mission to guilt-trip as many gas-guzzlers as possible to at least think twice about their vehicle choices. :D

Stewart said:
Based on numbers given here, a UK Gallon costs about $6.70.

The volumes are:

• US Gallon: 3.785411784 litres
  • UK Gallon: 4.54609 litres

Based on the UK price per litre given, we can expect to pay around $5.55 per US gallon.

So, there you have it. One of the most expensive countries in the world.

Ouch! Gotta hate those taxes.

Seriously, wouldn't you like a car that gets 250 mpg (us gallon)? Check this out: 250 miles per gallon? They're doing it

Back