• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Both my Acura's require 91 octane. Never again, next car will take 87 octane.:)
Part of the solution is more fuel efficient cars. In the U.S., instead of giving a tax break to the oil comapnies they should have given that money as a tax break for purchasing the hybrid cars.

muggle said:
Part of the solution is more fuel efficient cars. In the U.S., instead of giving a tax break to the oil comapnies they should have given that money as a tax break for purchasing the hybrid cars.
The higher octane rating is actually better for your car. Higher octanes means less chance of engine knock.

I'm at $2.73/gal here.

And on the subject of hybrids, the government did actually fund a lot of the research and they gave a tax break to the companies that are producing the hybrids. They've been doing that for the past six years or so.

muggle said:
Someone recently told me that my state (Washington) was trying to pass a bill that would charge hybrid owners an additional tax to make up for money lost on fuel:confused: I know many up here would be very upset as hybrid and biodiesel cars are getting more common.

Back