• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What fiction book do you keep reading over and over?

sirmyk said:
A few years ago I started a horrible "choose your own adventure" book, and on the final page it didn't leave you a choice, but read "Go to page 1". So for two years now I've been reading this damn book over and over again.

Haha, I remember those books. I remember reading one where you were travelling through a castle, and if you made the wrong decision at any point you died in some weird way. Always fun to for a book to tell you you messed up and now are dead :)

I would have to say that i could keep reading Twilight and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series over and over again. i love those books. :D

Eyre and again

The one book that always sits in by bedside table and that I pick up to read often, is Jane Eyre. I don't always read all of it but I will work my way through it a couple times a year.

I too have this thing for Jane Eyre. If I pick it up and re-read that first paragraph, I'm back in it again as if I had never left.

The other one like that is Alice in Wonderland.

The Lord of the Rings~ JRR Tolkien
Don't know how many times...I have lost count...got them in a box set from my Uncle Ron at age 13 for Christmas and for the next 2 years or so I hardly read anything else. So really I don't know. A lot...and I still read them 2 or 3 times a year...maybe more...

the Redwall series~ Brian Jacques
Just discovered him...

The Austere Academy (Nero is AWESOME), The Penultimate Peril, and The End~ Lemony Snicket
the best of the series

Alice in Wonderland~ Lewis Carroll
I absolutely adore the tea party; the best chapter in the bally book!!!!

The Keys to the Kingdom series~ Garth Nix
Really enjoyable...I love them...they are just so refreshingly new, and Nix looks promising. :D well...those are mine!

There are so many that I reread over and over again! So, here's a list:

"The Lord of the Rings" by Tolkien...I read it at least once a year, sometimes more often. I have a one-volume edition that I like to use.

All of Jane Austen's books, especially Pride and Prejudice. She remains one of my favorite authors ever.

"Jane Eyre" and "Shirley" by Charlotte Bronte. The characters in both books are great.

"Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World" by Michael Crichton. I think both are really well-written and amazingly engrossing.

"And the Band Played On" by Randy Shilts. This is a book that changed the way I view our government, and I think it's important to remind myself of what happened in the past.

A lot of John Saul's book, especially "Nathaniel", "Darkness", "Shadows", "Punish the Sinner", and "Second Child". I've been reading Saul's books since I was about 11, and they remain my most favorite guilty pleasure. In fact, I'm about ready to go on a John Saul binge....

I've read the first few "Dark Tower" books a few times each, but the one I've read the most, who knows how many times, "Choke" by Chuck Palahinuk. Hilarious, heart-breaking read from start to finish. And, I think, the best opening sentence of a book I've read. Probably ever.

The Lord of the Rings, From Here to Eternity, The Sand Pebbles, Rebus and Hornblower novels and pretty much anything I have read before which I really enjoyed. Lots of them..

Back