• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Genre do you like?

What genre do you like?

• Horror

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Science Fiction

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Romance

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Crime, Thrillers, Mystery

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
When I look at what I buy just for me, then I'd have to say I lean toward Historical Fiction.

My favorite genres are fiction and romance.
Though my favorite writer is Haruki Murakami. Think I would number him among fiction.

I read a lot of different types of books. Ones I find most captivating are fantasy/sci-fi, I also like historical fiction, and historical non-fiction biographies on unsolved cases

P.S. Welcome to the board.

:whistling: By the way Libra, an off-topic questions. What is your all time favorite book?

It's hard to pick one.
Diana Gabaldon's books
Wilbur Smith's -River God
Joan: The Mysterious Life of the Heretic Who Became a Saint (non-fiction)
Wuthering Heights-Emily Bronte

It's hard to pick one.
Diana Gabaldon's books
Wilbur Smith's -River God
Joan: The Mysterious Life of the Heretic Who Became a Saint (non-fiction)
Wuthering Heights-Emily Bronte

Good books. I have specially liked River God by Wilbur Smith. It was catchy for me because it`s about the ancient Egypt (the book if I know right it's form his Egyptian Series). Anyhow the story is great too, Taita the skilled slave. I also like the final pages of the book where Wilbur Smith claims that the novel is based on a set of scrolls discovered in an Egyptian tomb which dates back to approximately 1780 BCE. Nice but it`s not true :lol:

By the way did you know that when his was a baby, he was sick with cerebral malaria for ten days, but made a full recovery.:D

Good books. I have specially liked River God by Wilbur Smith. It was catchy for me because it`s about the ancient Egypt (the book if I know right it's form his Egyptian Series). Anyhow the story is great too, Taita the skilled slave. I also like the final pages of the book where Wilbur Smith claims that the novel is based on a set of scrolls discovered in an Egyptian tomb which dates back to approximately 1780 BCE. Nice but it`s not true :lol:

By the way did you know that when his was a baby, he was sick with cerebral malaria for ten days, but made a full recovery.:D

I did a search also but I found that it is true in some degree, I have to get back to you on that to confirm, yes it is a series and another member here told me (saliotthomas). I did't know.

Smith has been through alot, I was reding his bio and he has lost his first wife and it was verry hard for him.

Smith has been through alot, I was reding his bio and he has lost his first wife and it was verry hard for him.

Now that was a good info. After reading this reply I have made some research too and indeed it`s was hard for me, but I can image how it is. Don't wanna go offtopic with personal infos, so maybe in a free talk I will explain why I was saying that I understand him :p

When I'm reading for me, it's Historical Fiction as well. I like History books too. Mostly European history.
For school, it's whatever they tell me to read.

I was mainly into fantasy for the longest time, but I love crime/thriller/mystery books now. Horror is probably my least favorite genre.

I don't like only one particular genre; I'll read Science-Fiction, Crime, Historical Fiction, and just general fiction. :)

Back