• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what is wrong with society

To answer question, I left because of work, and decided to remain away. I spoke wrong before. I did not leave society completely. I left western society completely though. There are many reasons for this, but one of them is that the country has deteriorated so much that I cannot stand to watch it anymore. I am not anti-American. I love America and have tried to do what I could to help it. I owe a great deal to the country but I also sacrificed a great deal for it. If you watch these news shows in US, you probably are aware of some things I am writing about. I have lived longer than most people on this forum, I can tell, and have personally witnessed how America has changed. I cannot change it back, so instead I now live in a place which is in many ways like America used to be. I am very happy here, and though I miss many people in US, I no longer wish to live there.

I have lived longer than most people on this forum,

So have I. It ages one.

But, seriously, I think many of us are tantalized by your unanswered questions about who and where you are, and would treat your answers with respect.

:flowers:

I appreciate your reply. I do not wish to be mysterious or dramatic. There is reason I choose to communicate through anonymous forum. I could make up story about myself but to lie would waste my time and yours. If I were to give my true story most likely people will not believe me anyway. Please believe my reluctance to give information is not out of rudeness or disrespect. I will say that I live in Asia. I do miss speaking with my fellow countrymen in my native language
. I also enjoy reading and is one of my favorite activities and also is connection to America and the past. My personal story is not relevant anyway, nor are my political beliefs. The main thing is that all on forum share a love for reading and literature and a desire for knowledge.

Doesn't this thing seem like it might be cyclical? Maybe after a few generations of prosperity most societies get a little lax? They start spoiling the kids and are finally able to insulate themselves from the hard realities of life because, well, because they are able to. Prosperity is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but it does seem to make people a little soft mentally and physically.
You can tell a lot about a society by what they do with their free time. Popeyes chicken and Jersey Shore anyone?? :lol:

jimthompson, Thank you for your reply. May you be blessed with a long and happy life. Glad you are here.

To answer question, I left because of work, and decided to remain away. I spoke wrong before. I did not leave society completely. I left western society completely though. There are many reasons for this, but one of them is that the country has deteriorated so much that I cannot stand to watch it anymore. I am not anti-American. I love America and have tried to do what I could to help it. I owe a great deal to the country but I also sacrificed a great deal for it. If you watch these news shows in US, you probably are aware of some things I am writing about. I have lived longer than most people on this forum, I can tell, and have personally witnessed how America has changed. I cannot change it back, so instead I now live in a place which is in many ways like America used to be. I am very happy here, and though I miss many people in US, I no longer wish to live there.

You live in Thailand, yes?

Thank you very much Peder. Same to you. I agree everyone wants to give their children more than they had. This is human nature and good intention, but on the other hand I believe it is the hard times of life which build character and integrity.

J T is right, or should I say correct, there is a change going on. People just don't talk to one another anymore, if you try and engage in a bit of banter you're looked at like an alien. America is such a high crime country with the media and TV showing it most everyone is literally scared of most everyone else.

I mean I can turn on primetime t.v. and see corpses all the time, but b00bs? no way!

people are just very selfish in todays society and it has changed for the worse.

TV has become an amazing wasteland of filth. 95% of it is junk. Even the so-called "educational'' channels have rediculous reality-type t.v.

J T is right, or should I say correct, there is a change going on. People just don't talk to one another anymore, if you try and engage in a bit of banter you're looked at like an alien. America is such a high crime country with the media and TV showing it most everyone is literally scared of most everyone else.

I mean I can turn on primetime t.v. and see corpses all the time, but b00bs? no way!

people are just very selfish in todays society and it has changed for the worse.

TV has become an amazing wasteland of filth. 95% of it is junk. Even the so-called "educational'' channels have rediculous reality-type t.v.

I think I can agree with most of that.

I am glad to hear the update on TV. Mine had been dark here for many years through deliberate choice for the reasons given, and more recently is no more. :cool:

I love my tv.
I just want to add that there were things happening and going on back then and people were not talking or discussing anything.

I love my tv.
I just want to add that there were things happening and going on back then and people were not talking or discussing anything.

Are you referring to what I thought must have been a dream, that there were a bunch of posts now missing from this thread? :confused:

Are you referring to what I thought must have been a dream, that there were a bunch of posts now missing from this thread? :confused:

Sorry Peder,I am at work and I do have the habit of not explaining myself more.
I was reffering to society being worst now.

I think things were more hush hush back then,people were still people but now things are more out there in the open.

I think the funniest crap ever is how much freedom, and especially freedom of speech, is jammed down our throats in elementary,middle, high school and college. They jam it down our throats, then they censor the crap out of tv, radio, ect, and ban anything they don't like.

Personally, I think there is too much freedom of speech. I am well over hearing celeb opinions and the minutiae of their lives. And people sharing way too much on Facebook. Bring back privacy, stiff-upper lips and untouchable stars.

Back