• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What music do you love?

Classical music to pop and rock, dome dance, some metal, some jazz, musicals, avant garde ...

I'm not wild about folk or country. I could say that I don't like rap, but I quite like Eminem.

I have a "coffeehouse" channel on my SIRIUS radio and it features acoustic music. I've come to find out that is my favorite kind of music. You all should hear "I want to be sedated" set to acoustic.:D At work, I play country much to the chagrin of the girls. The contemporary stuff is just too raunchy/suggestive, plus Kenny Chesney is pretty darn good.

I listen to most music except rap and country and this new crap they call pop music.

On XM radio, I listen to Stations like Lucy, Fred, Ethel, and The Verge (Emerging Artists)

Alternative, old and new. Classic Rock, New Rock, Punk and U2 (Because they are in a class by themselves) lol

It's all my parent's fault..they we watched every musical program aired on our black and white tv set. I grew up with Mitch Miller, Arthur Godfrey, Ed Sullivan, Lawrence Welk, American Bandstand, Porter Wagoner and Hee Haw....soooo I like a little of everything, hold the metal and rap, please. What I find myself drawn to these days is a mixture of folk, Celtic, bluegrass, country(specially the oldies), oldies rock, and cajun...but I'm open to new-to-me genres and performers.

Oh, and SFG's right about acoustic music..greater fun hath no man!

I'm rather open when it comes to music - the only genres I really don't like are rap, hip-hop and jazz. And German "volksmusik" (yodelling and the like ...)

I'm rather open when it comes to music - the only genres I really don't like are rap, hip-hop and jazz. And German "volksmusik" (yodelling and the like ...)

I can stand an occassional yodeling song.. like Eddy Arnold's Cattle Call or John Denver's Calypso.. and then I'm ready for something else. I'm that way about Southern Gospel music too. I have a five song tolerance level, then I'm ready to change channels..which is most unfortunate if it happens to be a live performance:lol:

I'm not sure if you've heard the original German-Austrian stuff before ... it's not only yodelling, partly it's just stupid music with even more stupid lyrics (gruesome, truly ...)

I love synthesizers, electronica, minimalist and ambient music: Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, Brian Eno, M83, Philip Glass, Jean Michel Jarre, Sigur Ros, are some of the artists I love listening to.

I'm what you could call a metalhead. Metal is my passion and I travel all over the country to see my favorite bands. Metal isn't all about leather and spikes though, it's incredibly diverse.

That said, I also have a soft spot for Yanni.:lol:

Back