• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what we look like.

2 of my best friends in school were called Jenn and they looked alike, tall, blond, blue eyed. So each time I've seen jenngorham I've pictured them. But then your avatar kinda throws me because we also had a good friend named Brian that looked just like Calvin and I always think of him when I see it.

I don't really picture anyone else though but I do often wonder why people pick the screen name and avatar they use. I picked Ronny because everyone calls me that and avatars I change a bit because I like can never make up my mind.

i forgot about this thread. well i am a brunette with green eyes. medium height, medium build. i don't know why people don't put their own pics. i had a really funny one initially but not everyone knows about the trailer park boys.
and my screen name is my name. my hubby signed me up and before i could say anything, voila, jenngorham. i like to think i would've picked something more daring.

I used my real name; I have a photo of myself in my profile; and I chose the avatar of a cuddly bookworm because that's what I am.

No I can't say that I've heard of the Trailer Park Boys? I do really like your Calvin though.

I seemed to draw a blank when it came to thinking of a screen name, so I went with what everyone calls me but it's not my real name, no one likes trying to pronounce that.

I did have my pic up in the profile area but it was not a very good picture and I seemed to be the only one who put one up, so I took it off.

I put my old pic back in profile but I will have to try and get a better one soon. This is me pre-coffee in the morning. The kids at my son's school also like to pick on me because a lot of the sixth graders are bigger than I am. That's ok though, my small size goes with my cartoon voice.

I spent a while looking for an avatar that I felt had some resemblance to me. As I think it's nice to put a face to the people you are chatting to on-line, I tend to have a photo in my profile. Saying that, I can totally understand why some people love the anonymity being on-line gives them.

My favourite avatar, that I used forums in the past, is a bit to fantasy-ish, so I figured I needed something more modern, but I really miss it:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v157_kangs_kingdom_Avatars_bbnet90.jpg

sar i love your avatar. i think it is great. i like your old one, but the new one is really cool.
it's funny how people become attached to other people's avatars. wabbit once changed his and there was a public outcry.

jenngorham said:
it's funny how people become attached to other people's avatars. wabbit once changed his and there was a public outcry.

I know exactly what you mean, I guess it's because to us it's the closest we get to a "familiar face" on the internet. If my best friend came round to see me one day & had an entirely different face I know I'd be as perturbed.

I used to go uner the name of Mr-Burns for every forum I was on, but that lead to alot of confusion over my sex, so I tried using a femine avatar & everyone complained. I thought was doomed to spend my time on-line as an evil old man in charge of a nuclear power plant.

not to mention the confusion it might cause with our own mr.bobbyburns on this forum.
my first avatar was the character bubbles from tpb's and i would post it just to show you but i have no clue how to do it. anyway i thought do i really want the impression of me to be a dope smoking myopic man with a pronounced under bite? so i went with calvin. still a male character but i think the general public picked up that i am female pretty quick.

So you mean you're not a dope smoking myopic man with a pronounced under bite? lol I think your avatar is really cute & eye catching.

Choosing avatars is a suprisingly tricky business, especially as it allegedly speaks so much about a person (though I'm not convinced by that argument)

One of my biggest problems was alot of places I went to on the internet (as in computing forums) people would stop taking you seriously once they realise you were female & just try to hit on you or patronize. I think on a book forum it's not such a problem, as it isn't an area perceived as just being dominanted by either males or females. (After all, we females are superior & the blokes just need to accept that :p)

Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys:

music_celebspins-1.jpg
awww.cbc.ca_arts_features_trailerpark_gfx_bubbles.jpg
smallthumb.jpg

Jenn: I'll PM you with instructions for posting images - it took me forever to work it out! But it's actually really simple :)

the one with the kitties i love. there is a t-shirt that says "a dope trailer is no place for kitties" that i keep meaning to buy. god love bubs.

i sound like yoda.

From what I hear, you kinda look like him, too.

Cheers

(This coming from the guy with the small green feller as his avatar!)

Back