• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What will kids try next? This is Serious... Choking game

leckert said:
We used to do this in the squadbay when I was in boot camp. One guy would breath out (or in, I don't remember) and another would put pressure with his fists on the diaphram. You start out getting tingly and numb, almost giddy feeling. The world goes away, then you're on the floor with a bunch of guys trying to wake you up. I came to sitting against the wall on the opposite side of the squad bay with no recollection of how I got there.

I only let them do it to me once, but it was kind of a rush. It was also scary that I had no control, nor awareness, of what was going on for however long I was "out".

I definitely need to let my daughter know about how dangerous this is. I never realized it could kill you.

Not that cutting off the oxegen/blood flow to the brain is ever a good thing to do, but at least there were people around when you idiots, I mean guys where doing this....I think the tragic cases are usually because the kid involved has decided to do this on his own. In private. How do you loosen the noose when you are unconscious?

I think I would be too big of a pansy to try this by myself, especially with a rope. Wouldn't the need to breath overcome your ability to maintain pressure?

obviously not.

scary shit. We were idiots, but, yeah, we were at least a group of idiots. Peer pressure has made me do some stupid shit.

leckert said:
Peer pressure has made me do some stupid shit.

Precisely my point.

And after you've done this a few dozen times with your friends, and you really like the "free" high...how long before you figure you'll just try it once on your own...nothing to drastic....maybe just a small little rush before dinner time? You'll stop before you black out. You'll reserve enough strength to sit up, or push yourself up.....or loosen the knot....or undo the belt.....

Motokid said:
Precisely my point.

And after you've done this a few dozen times with your friends, and you really like the "free" high...how long before you figure you'll just try it once on your own...nothing to drastic....maybe just a small little rush before dinner time? You'll stop before you black out. You'll reserve enough strength to sit up, or push yourself up.....or loosen the knot....or undo the belt.....

I completely agree with you.

I think the key here is that we are aware of the dangers. It is also important that our kids know that we know what they know.

Sirmyk said:
How many time have you been legally drunk and still drove your car? Never.
How many times did you do that when you were underage? Never.
With friends in the car? Never.
Jammin' loud music and not paying quite as much attention to driving as you should? Never one to go Jammin'.
Maybe smokin' too? Never. Smoke kills.

I try to refrain from putting myself in extremely stupid situations. Responsibility.
Motokid said:
Well then....you are one unique person if that is indeed the case....
Not that unusual - I haven't done any of them either. Well I do play reasonably loud music but not to a degree where it would affect my concentration. Phil hasn't done any of them (he doesn't listen to music in the car much - well not since I buggered up the stereo in his car :eek: ) Even then he doesn't like it loud.

This, or something similar, was a very small fad at my school a few years ago. So small, in fact, that only about ten people did it before realizing how stupid and dangerous it was. They would somehow make themselves pass out, for no apparent reason. One girl smacked her head on a bathroom floor and, from what I heard, got a pretty nasty bump and a major headache. I don't know why anyone would do that.

Youth choking game

O.k., I"m a bit miffed and upset here, but please bear with me. My 7 year old niece is in 2nd grade and a boy in her class taught her how to play the choking game.:eek: Keep in mind this is where you make yourself pass out and that some kids here in the states have died as a result of it. The little boy who showed her had his parents talked to by my sister in law. This just ticks me off, I know that older kids probably showed the boy in the first place. What is this world coming to?:mad: :mad:

Bloody hell! That's actually very shocking. I simply cannot see why they need to do this. I wouldn't have ever thought of it when I was that age. Where on earth does such an idea come from? that's what I wonder.

This is awful:mad: And people think we're too overprotective of our kids..Kudos to your sister for going to this boy's parents.

I don't know the particulars of this "game", but there is a game the older kids around here were doing, some sort of stunt they copied from a tv game show.. where they stuff their faces with food-usually twinkies or something like..This and another one were they form two lines and the first person is handed a piece of bread, which they wad up and dip in a bowl of water, then it's passed hand to hand, down to the kid on the end who has to eat the wad of dough. Can you say "germs!" These were done at a church youth group and the activities were mandatory-no one was allowed to opt out. And they wondered why so many kids were sick the next week!

Motokid said:

I had a classmate die this way when we were 15..what a waste:(

I played that game as a kid. My cousin showed me how. Of course, as an adult I now realize how stupid it was. As a kid I didn't know that. The only thing I knew was that learning how to pass out like that got me out of running a mile in PE class.

Dumb things kids do...

SFG75 said:
This just ticks me off, I know that older kids probably showed the boy in the first place. What is this world coming to?:mad: :mad:
Maybe it's time for you to show that boy the real choking game.

We did this as kids... I didn;t think it had trickled down! My daughter has never been a part of this. Thank gawd!

Once again, I reckon this is an issue of where you raise your child. I shan't elucidate but if I were to reckon....

sirmyk said:
Maybe it's time for you to show that boy the real choking game.

Tell me about it.:mad: :mad: :mad: Just one excuse from the parent and I'd be nailed for assault-but you eat and lift weights in county jail, not all bad.

Wow, I only thought creepy sadomasichist guys got their kicks from this kinda stuff. I don't know why kids would want to do this either-it's not like they'd get aroused from this or something. Then again, in the realm of kids, peers form their ideas about what's cool to do... It's good to have lived past those days.

Motokid said:
yeah, it's one thing to have your parents tell you something is dangerous, and quite another thing to have them see a report on TV that real kids are actually causing thier own accidental death by doing this....scares the shit out of me to be honest....peer pressure and all....
I second that, I'm scared beyond words

Back