• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What would better your life?

What would better your life?

• Money?

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Better carrer?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Fame or the knowing of more people?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Better health?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lahondas

everyone is diffrent, and we all have needs and wants, id like to know what you think would better your life. personally if i had enough money, i thin that would help me alot. i dont want to be rich, just well off enough where if i neede to pay an planned expense i could.

None of the above, to be honest. I'm healthy, have far more money than I need or deserve, am still in full-time education and would hate to be famous. I'm happy as I am, really!

Passing my driving test would certainly be a great help. :D
I failed for the 3rd time on Wednesday. :(
Mind you, I have no sense of direction so I'd have to follow bus routes to get anywhere. :rolleyes:

None of the above. There are far more important things in life than those. IF you think they are important then maybe you need a good look at life :) Or go out right now into the air. Look up into the sky. Notice how the it seems to go on for ever. How the clouds hand like magic smoke. Now take a deep breath and notice the air feel your lungs. Now run until your feel hot and wanna laugh with the wind in your face. Go home. Get a cup of something good or a glass of something good ;) Open a good BOOK. Taste the world within and all its wonders. Look at that list again and have a good think :)

SillyWabbit said:
None of the above. There are far more important things in life than those. IF you think they are important then maybe you need a good look at life :) Or go out right now into the air. Look up into the sky. Notice how the it seems to go on for ever. How the clouds hand like magic smoke. Now take a deep breath and notice the air feel your lungs. Now run until your feel hot and wanna laugh with the wind in your face. Go home. Get a cup of something good or a glass of something good ;) Open a good BOOK. Taste the world within and all its wonders. Look at that list again and have a good think :)

This is why I love the Wabbit! :D

SillyWabbit said:
if only you knew me wabbit!
i like all the things you said. i mean for god sakes, i lived in the country the farm life for 18 years! love it! but i noticed many people say they think money or fame or whatever is going to make it all better. for me, just being with my husband, on our porch is great! but theres lots of stress due to my money issue, for instance, it buys food, clothing, shelter, so this is why i need it.

Living/emigrating to America would make my life better, obviously still doing what I am doing career wise.

I've given this much thought, and this isn't "grass is always greener" as I've done assignments there and go on holiday there every year. I like the people in general and attitudes.It may not make more sense for everyone, but it does for an engineer, where in England we're regarded as barely above toilet cleaners!

more time to spend with family and friends, a bit more patience, and a bit more light-heartedness would all improve my life, which is already pretty darn good.

lahondas said:
everyone is diffrent, and we all have needs and wants, id like to know what you think would better your life. personally if i had enough money, i thin that would help me alot. i dont want to be rich, just well off enough where if i neede to pay an planned expense i could.
Having the job I want would better my life. Better still I think if I had a job would better my life because then I would get money :(

SillyWabbit said:
None of the above. There are far more important things in life than those.

I used to always think money would make my life better, and I would laugh at my mum when she said health was the most important. I have found out now that she was absolutely right (as mums tend to be :rolleyes: ) There is nothing more important than your health. I can only think that most people here must be in very good health, as anyone who has been in pain so bad that they would welcome anything that stopped it would definitely choose health.
That was a miserable post! :D

You are right that money is not everything.

People think it is but they are so wrong! They think IF ONLY I was rich everything would be OK; that is just not true.

Let me show by example.

Take a third world country. They work all the time. Some places in Africa don't even have running water! There are MANY places in the world where you work damn hard breaking your back for small pay. You scrap for a small ammount of food. You don't have a tv. You have second hand clothing. You don't own cars, playstations, dvd players and all the rest of it.

Now, compare them to us, in the west. we ARE rich! Compared to them, we are!!!! But are we happy? No :)

Do you think that people who are rich are happy? They still hurt. They still yearn. They still doubt and wonder. They still feel sad or happy or whatever. They are STILL human after all. they can be hurt, betrayed, sad, lonley or unfulfilled and all the rest of it. It wont make you happy.

Even if you say you can not be stressed. Not true either. Money can take that away ( MAYBE ) but i can give you other stress. Do pepole REALLY like you or is it coz the money? That is just one example. And if you are stressed coz of money it is NOT the money cause you the stress but yourself. Life is there for the living. You cannot change things by being unhappy and stressing... so stop :) Work positive to change the situation and do not stress about it. Learn to love what you have. Learn to love the moment for tomrrow you may day. Really. Tomrrow you may die.

I spent three weeks in Nepal this easter teaching in a school and working at a leprosy colony. Nepal is, I think, the 10th poorest country in the world, but despite that the kids were all really happy and upbeat, they loved school and adored learning and were really friendly, and you saw a lot more happy faces in public than you do over here in the UK. Proof, if it were needed, that money is not everything.

Great example and great story!! Thanks! :)

Very true in what you say. Being "RICH" is not just about money. I think we in the so called civalized countries have lost SO damn much. We have no life. Everything is plastic. Plastic money. Plastic food. Plastic friends. Plastic lives. Everything is fake. Everything is shallow and everything is want want want want and more want. Money is not the anwser, its the problem :)

Back