• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Would Happen If...

Just looking at the info in this Wikepedia article, I'd say the underlying idea was to prevent undue foreign influence on the presidential office, or at least any appearance of undue influence. A first generation US citizen might still have close (family)ties to their native country, and could possibly be negatively influenced, particularly in matters of foreign policy.

Truly, I do not see that rule remaining in place in the future. I think it is a silly rule.

And that's nothing compared to what they'll do if it turns out he's responsible for Jimmy Hoffa.

That pretty serious then. I hope it doesn't result that our president is guilty. we do not need such a mess now. It is the last thing we need. If it's true then we should deal with it later. there is too much going on now in the world and domestically for that to surface.

And that's nothing compared to what they'll do if it turns out he's responsible for Jimmy Hoffa.

I had to look up the date of Hoffa's disappearance... I knew it was a long time ago, but wow. The Prez and I are the same age and while I knew some pretty rough kids in 1975, I can't imagine any of them having the stuff to off a crime boss. Most of us were just trying to survive middle school:lol:

I hope it doesn't result that our president is guilty. we do not need such a mess now. It is the last thing we need. If it's true then we should deal with it later. there is too much going on now in the world and domestically for that to surface.

I shouldn't worry. He has the perfect alibi: if he was born in Kenya, then how could he have been on the grassy knoll during the Kennedy assassination, hmmm?

Truly, I do not see that rule remaining in place in the future. I think it is a silly rule.

But think about it; what if you had the red telephone and the US military at your disposal, and your grandparents or cousins, folks you love, were in danger in your homeland...what if that evil ruler came to you and threatened to harm your family if you didn't overlook their crimes against humanity...those are just easy ones off the top of my head. How effective do you think you could be, with all the checks and balances we have in place, if your personal ties are in question?
All this not to suggest that first generation citizens have no place in our government, nothing further from my mind; look at all the wonderful examples of folks who've stepped up to the plate; one doesn't have to be Chief Executive to make a difference.

I shouldn't worry. He has the perfect alibi: if he was born in Kenya, then how could he have been on the grassy knoll during the Kennedy assassination, hmmm?[/QUOTE

Um, even if he'd been on the grassy knoll, Most two year olds take afternoon naps, donchaknow:lol:

* I'm told that's what I was doing November 22, 1963

beer good said:
I shouldn't worry. He has the perfect alibi: if he was born in Kenya, then how could he have been on the grassy knoll during the Kennedy assassination, hmmm?

Um, even if he'd been on the grassy knoll, Most two year olds take afternoon naps, donchaknow:lol:

Well, Kennedy was shot at lunchtime, so no wonder little Barry was tired afterwards.

If Schwarzenegger were president and there were some kind of conflict with Austria, would he keep the US's interests first, or would he struggle because he was born in Austria?

Makes you think right?

Hawaii: Obama birth certificate is real - USATODAY.com

I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...."

People who want the truth will find it. Those who want to perpetuate silly ass rumors will perpetuate silly ass rumors.

Back