• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Stewart said:
Looked at C++ .NET yet? You can use this free IDEto write programs with it. :cool:
Actually no I haven't - thanks for the link :) I've started the download but it's going to take about 1 1/2 hrs on my connection :rolleyes:

Stewart - i'm looking for a particular piece of software that I can't for the life of me remember the name of - it compares two pieces of code and highlights the differences (in red and yellow if I remember rightly) possibly Microsoft? Any ideas? :)

Kookamoor said:
Jenn - your lovely thread has been hijacked by the DEVIL!

no worries, i have hijacked many a thread myself. what goes around comes around. :)
i only wish i knew what the hell everyone was talking about. :eek: :D

jenngorham said:
no worries, i have hijacked many a thread myself. what goes around comes around. :)
i only wish i knew what the hell everyone was talking about. :eek: :D
Sorry Jenn :eek:

My day was typical. Dad had been up all night, anxious, and took some nitro which bottoms out his already low blood pressure, so I was on alert to his condition for most of the morning. He slept after the nurse visited and was fine when I left, chatting with my sister and generally calm. I got to read a little, sew a little and watch part of a movie today.
The rest of my day will be spent folding or ironing clothes, getting four children bathed and put to bed, afterwards, hopefully some quilting and maybe some reading.
Good news, though. Hubby decided to pitch in without being asked and mopped the kitchen floor. Honestly, this makes me very happy.

Ice said:
No that's not the one i'm thinking of, but is a similar application.
Ok, I've found it - I was thinking of Windiff - it was several years ago that I used it :cool: Some of the newer ones the search threw up looked rather good though.

What's with all you people having sun-shining days today?? It was miserable and rainy the whole day here. But it's an improvement from our snow storm over the weekend.

And what did I do today? I got suckered into working a ten-hour shift at work. What fun! :(

If it will make you feel any better, dele, it was cool and rainy here this morning. (I won't mention this afternoon's weather though :rolleyes: )

Cajunmama, I hope your Pop is doing well! :) Does he have anxiety? My parents are getting up there in years, so I worry a lot about their health too...

Stewart said:
Having to "learn" how to use an if...else control structure despte having been programming for 20 years was equally painful. :(
You've been programming since you were 5? Impressive ;)

I'm so jealous of all you people having summer weather. It was hailing here about an hour ago and it's still pretty cold. The worst of it is that I can't put the heating on because I've nearly run out of oil. I rang up to order more and it's 32p a litre. I nearly cried.... Sorry, I'll stop whingeing now.

We were having good weather until today which is typical since I've got the day off work :rolleyes: It's currently pouring with rain :(

Ice said:
You've been programming since you were 5? Impressive ;)

Since I was 6. I'm 26 now. :(

I got an AMSTRAD CPC 464 and was more interested in using the programs in the book that came with it than playing the games that came with it. :)

jenngorham said:
aaaah ha the student becomes the teacher. :D hee hee

:D :D :D

Another beautiful day here! (Sorry, dele, I guess you're at the wrong end of the continent right now... unfortunately your currently crappy weather is probably headed this way :( ). Unfortunately I'm stuck inside reading... ah well, getting work done is good too.

Edit: I should clarify - this reading is work-related, not pleasure-related! Hence it's not the most enjoyable!

Just made pasta with chicken, artichokes and feta for the hub's lunch. Now some guinea fowl are outside my window making a fuss.

See how stupid they look! Bird brains.

awww.wineloverspage.com_graphics_guinea.jpg

Shut up birds.

Back