• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

I'm watching the rain turn my driveway into a pond, and the ducks who are having a great time running around in the downpour. Can't work on the garden today, so I'm cleaning the house (Blah! :( )

I'm sitting in my American history class making point form notes on my essay topic. "The Cuban Missile Crisis"

Ice said:
Ah AMSTRADs - those were the days. It couldn't beat my BBC though :cool:

What about the Spectrum with the dinky rubber keys? :cool: Oh, the joys of spending ages typing in those programs from the magazines, only to find that half the time they didn't work. :rolleyes:

I'm sniffling and coughing behind a cherry laminate desk. And, I'm hoping that the day will go by quickly so I can go to a wake this afternoon and get home early to go to bed and sniffle and cough there, but with a book and away from the phone.

Just finished a final for my behavioral management class...pretty easy exam. I'm much relieved. Now I have to wait around until 7:15pm for my next class...ugh. Thank goodness I brought my copy of Hitchikers Guide with me to read (it includes all six novels, so I won't run out of reading material before class starts).

froggerz40 said:
Cajunmama, I hope your Pop is doing well! :) Does he have anxiety? My parents are getting up there in years, so I worry a lot about their health too...
Thanks for your concerns. Yes, he has a lot of anxiety. So as not to bore other forum members, I'll make a long story short. He is in the end stages of congestive heart failure, and at times he gets severe anxiety attacks. I am his daytime caregiver.
Hooray for today, Pop had another great day. :D Had an unexpected visit by my wicked step-mother (a source of anxiety for dad), but he handled it well. Afterwards we had a VERY productive day. I'll put it this way, I now have a joint bank account with my dad and next month the wicked stepmom will have a lot less money at her disposal :eek: :eek: :eek:

well tommorow, i have guests coming for the afternoon and then i am going to weekend seminar on how to put together storysacks.

jenngorham said:
well tommorow, i have guests coming for the afternoon and then i am going to weekend seminar on how to put together storysacks.
Well tomorrow is not today is it? Off topic in your own thread, :eek: :p

dele - we got your crappy weather today, it rained, rained, rained... :(

Ah well, as we say in Australia, it's good for the farmers!

I had to take my new car into the dealership today because my Uh, Oh light came on but they were really nice, drove me all over town and back, ordered the part and can have it fixed in a couple of days so I was happy. They did make fun of me for breaking it so soon.

hay82 said:
Well tomorrow is not today is it? Off topic in your own thread, :eek: :p

so is that considered hijacking, even if it is my own thread?

i think your new avatar has given you a superiority complex, you greek god you.

jenngorham said:
so is that considered hijacking, even if it is my own thread?
i think your new avatar has given you a superiority complex, you greek god you.
Hijacking your own thread just makes it much worse.

I can't help the fact that I'm great. Greek god... has a nice ring to it. :)

Martin said:
Nah, just in the mood for a party.

Cheers

aaah i see. well sorry no plans. i am having a potluck in june, i will send you an invite, perhaps you could bring some dessert?

Been studying for finals, taking a break to view the Tiger online seminar, back to studying, and then off to see Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy :)

Been a lovely day here.

Took the Z3 out into the countryside. Roof down and foot to the floor (within reason of course ;)) Glorious :)

Sunday today and its night time right now, hmmm, not sure what I'm up to today but in the morning I am talking to my crush and looking on akll the forums I attend to online right now. And I will later play some computer games and hang around with friends later this evening.

Back