• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Kookamoor said:
I think it's a British colonies thing because it's common in Oz. Basically the party/gathering at which one gets pissed (read 'drunk'). Commonly used where the main point of the social occasion is to get royally hammered.

Interesting.

If you say you are going to a "piss up" in the States, you would be expected to take an umbrella!

:D

No, no, oh, no, no :eek: I love the penguins no eating them, you may have hufu and peas, or whatever else you fancy but leave the penguins alone, pretty please, with sugar on top :(

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring... I love the first rain after a lonnngg dry spell :)

i just had one of those throw up burps.....that's what i am now doing, is trying to not have throw up burps.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've managed to once again shirk all duties today :) now I will be very busy tomorrow :( I did get a good laugh from my new neighbors, they came down and asked my son and I if "our" parents are ever home, ha,ha,ha, hee, hee. I told them no not often :D

chewlianchillz said:
eeew... really? never try before, maybe can include it into the menu for last meal..

how do you cook penguins anyway?

You have to put the penguin in the pot while the water is cold. If you try to plop it into hot water it will just jump back out.

Bring the water up slowly to a boil, add salt and pepper to taste, some diced carrots, potatoes, celery and a dash or two of hot sauce.

Once the penguin turns red, and the veggies are tender, it's eatin' time!

May be served over rice or egg noodles. May be sprinkled liberally with Old Bay seasoning, or iced and presented with a horseradish dipping sauce!

mmmmm... penguin...

[B]finally [/B] raining on the cape....the grass was looking like hay......quiet day at the inn....had planned on taking the night off to go surfing, but it is raining so that's out. going to go out for eats instead and maybe catch a movie.....

ricky said:
[B]finally [/B] raining on the cape....the grass was looking like hay......quiet day at the inn....had planned on taking the night off to go surfing, but it is raining so that's out. going to go out for eats instead and maybe catch a movie.....

What do you think you will eat?

What do you plan to see?

(That "Excorcism of Emily Rose" movie is coming out this weekend. I'd love to see that!)

i really want to see that movie..looks scarrry......i have a serious love/hate relationship with horror flicks....i love, love, love to be scared while watching them, but then when i'm alone, i freak myself out completely.....it's a sick game i play with myself....but i don't know what's playing. at this job i am so out of the loop, i have no idea a whole world exsists out there until about october.

for eats, there's this restaurant called gracie's table a friend of mine used to work at, so i think we'll head there. he said it has a really cool vibe and the food is really good. i do love a good snack!

ricky said:
for eats, there's this restaurant called gracie's table a friend of mine used to work at, so i think we'll head there. he said it has a really cool vibe and the food is really good. i do love a good snack!

Sounds like a cool place. I need to find a real good atmosphere place around here. I hate all the "vanilla", homogoneous crap at all the "trendy" places. It will have to be a place I go to alone, or with my daughter, though. The wife likes vanilla.

:D

Hope you have a good time.

Boo!

Back