• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's It Like By You Today?

I don't think it was too bad up there, the eastern part of the state didn't get as much as the west. We were actually very lucky - it poured yesterday, and if it had been a degree or two colder we would have been in serious trouble.

It's cold today and they still aren't sure how the storm is going to hit us this weekend.

Here, in SE Louisiana (just north of Lake Pontchartrain), we are only getting the drizzly rain and occasional lightening and thunder from the storms. Temps are moderate, in the 60'sF.

Supposed to see some sun day after tomorrow, I think/hope.

We drove down to N.O., across the lake, today it was completely overcast with low and threatening clouds. Couldn't see the sky at all. Lake and sky, gray. Beautiful in a weird way. I love the way the lake changes personalities.

Here, in SE Louisiana (just north of Lake Pontchartrain), we are only getting the drizzly rain and occasional lightening and thunder from the storms. Temps are moderate, in the 60'sF.

Supposed to see some sun day after tomorrow, I think/hope.

We drove down to N.O., across the lake, today it was gray, completely overcast with low and threatening clouds. Couldn't see the sky at all. Lake and sky, gray. Beautiful in a weird way. I love the way the lake changes personalities.

Ahhh...I would LOVE to be there right now!! I haven't been to Louisiana since the 80's. (When the World's Fair was in N.O.) I've always had a yearning to go back though! Especially when it's this cold here in Pennsylvania...as in 15-20F when I wake up to get ready for work!! Uggghh!!

Ahhh...I would LOVE to be there right now!! I haven't been to Louisiana since the 80's. (When the World's Fair was in N.O.) I've always had a yearning to go back though! Especially when it's this cold here in Pennsylvania...as in 15-20F when I wake up to get ready for work!! Uggghh!!

Gosh! I can hardly imagine even navigating in that sort of cold! I've lived down here for my life so far and brrrrrrrrrrr! My blood is too thin! lol

My husband is from NYC though and laughs when I say it is "cold" here. That is at about 40F. :innocent:

Gosh! I can hardly imagine even navigating in that sort of cold! I've lived down here for my life so far and brrrrrrrrrrr! My blood is too thin! lol

My husband is from NYC though and laughs when I say it is "cold" here. That is at about 40F. :innocent:

"Brrrr" is right! It often hurts to breathe in. Your husband knows what I mean, lol!

Should be nearing 40 today and the snow that's coming may be rain/snow. Come on rain, I'm so tired of snow

I suppose we have great weather, except for the occasional hurricane! Can't complain too much. :D

Yeah, I was born in New York, and I have family that always asks "Do you think you'll ever move back home?" Hell no! I'll take the scorching summer heat any day.

Yeah, I was born in New York, and I have family that always asks "Do you think you'll ever move back home?" Hell no! I'll take the scorching summer heat any day.

LOL Husband tells me that our summers are certainly no worse than NYC, and actually, not as bad. hmmmmm

It's still rainy and gray from stem to stern. We had very heavy amounts of rain from around 1 a.m. to, oh, at least for a couple of hours. Still around 60F(ish).

O-M-G!! I see a bright burning ball in the sky. Look! It's a bird, it's a plane..........
No! It's Super Sun! :eek:

Blinding light!

Well, at least for today.

OMG Love the view you have. In Sydney at the moment the last two days have been steamy. Yesterday was 32 degrees Celsius, that's right I'm and Aussie and wouldn't have a clue what that is in Fahrenheit :) Today it's overcast, but still up in the 30's. It's not the heat that gets you though it's the humidity

The weatherman said clear skies today so you can imagine my surprise when I woke up to this:

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_20130225_081025.jpg

No, it's cool. I wanted one last good snow before Spring comes. You need to go find some snow.

Back