• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's your favorite movie scene?

I have to say that the toilet scene in Trainspotting... it was so horrific that it's indescribable! Truly memorable.

I don't have a favourite, just that one that stands out majorly in my mind. Oh, and I agree with Mr, the velociraptors were AMAZING!

Any scene in fight club, particularly the scenes where he's giving the rules of Fight Club.

Donnie Darko the first time Donnie sees the transparent portals
Being John Malkovich The monkey's childhood flashback with subtitles. That was hilarious!
Braveheart the last 'Freedom' call scene because it was the only scene worth seeing (big budget crap movies)
Sixth Sense the scene when the boy tells his mother that he sees dead people
The Day after tomorrow the harrowing scene of hurricanes ripping through San Francisco (or was it Los Angeles?)
Groundhog Day more of a line than a scene but when Murray's character says 'what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!'
The City of Angels when Meg Ryan's character describes to the angel how the taste of pear feels like
Beautiful Mind when the professor asks one of his students if he can see the Nobel Prize representative. Very funny!
Final Destination 1 the scene when the teacher is killed (the water dripping on the computer..)
Hope and Glory all the scenes with the grandfather in them. The wedding scene as well
Flatliners when the first 'flatliner' is sitting in the ambulance (?) car in the back ally and he sees the crawling dog. A hair-raising scene!
Titanic the ship sinking scene. Anything to see DiCaprio drown!

Donnie Darko - The 'Mad World' scene. Or, not strictly in the film, the moment i figured out what the hell it was all about.

Spiderman - the hospital speech by Peter to MJ (Im such a wuss)

Spiderman 2 - Harry unmasks Spiderman. Man that got my adrenaline pumping

Bad Boys 2 - 'Blue power bitch!'

Fight Club - The end when he's fighting Tyler in the parking lot

Oh theres more, but I cant rememeber any

The Shining: page after page of "the lazy brown fox jumped over the log" sequence

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow: every single frame is amazing!

Roxanne: Steve Martin's "swordfight" with tennis players on sidewalk

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: confrontation with the Frenchman at the castle ("I fart in your general direction!") and with the rabbit, which requires the use of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch and the moment when Galahad changes his favorite color choice

Close Encounter of the Third Kind: the "concert" conversation with the Mother Ship

2010: A Space Odyssey: When Bob Balaban's character asks HAL if HAL wants him to remain rather than escape the "event" (I know a lot of people dismiss this movie compared with the first one, but the whole reconciliation of the HAL 9000 incident from the first movie is very powerful and, to my mind, necessary.)

Kill Bill - The Bride on the floor of the church then ..... BANG! That made me shoot 50ft into the air.

Meet the Parents - The Lie Detector, The Cat and the Ashes, and The Garden that Smells like Faeces.

Lotr : Tfotr - Frodo by the pillar dodging the troll, troll goes away, frodo relxes then Kablamo!

No doubt about it that the Godfather had some of the greatest scenes of cinema history ever, but if I were to choose just one, it would have to be the end when Kate leaves Michael Corleone's room, and the camera puts her in the left side, and on the right, you can look into the room with Michael and see Clemenza and another guy kiss Michael's hand and whisper "Don Corleone" and then one guy closes the door, and the music comes in.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome.

Oberon said:
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow: every single frame is amazing!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I really hope you are being sarcastic! That movie is one of the worst post stupid steaming piles of poop EVER put to screen!

Full of amazing scenes like when he flies a world war 2 era prop driven aeroplane directly into the ocean from 900 feet without smashing it to bits! And like the way he uses same plane to fly half way around the world to Tibet without using any fuel! Or maybe the bit where he flies through New York and uses a grappling hook to swing around a building! I know it's supposed to be a no brainer action movie but there is only so far I can suspend my disbelief!!!!!!!! I never did see the end. I got to the bit where he was punching robots heads of with his bare hands :rolleyes:

Errr rant over... I feel a bit better now. *shudders* Walks away mumbling... :)

Oh dear :(

Next you will be telling me StarWars: Episode 2 is film masterpiece with great acting, plot, and dialogue! Wait, PLEASE don't tell me that! You don't wanna see a grown wabbit cry do you? :D

c'mon, look closer at it. remember when anakin was talking to padme about how the senate should meet to determine the right way to help the people of the republic? padme's response: "they do, but they don't always agree on what's right." anakin: "then someone should make them agree." it's the first sign that he's becoming darth vader. even though anakin's heart was in the right place, his wish to control people would turn him to the dark side. isn't control what separates people like gandhi and martin luther king from people like hitler? I thought george lucas really hit the nail on the head with episode 2.

"with great power comes great responsibility" -- uncle ben

i don't have all the answers. in life, to be honest, i've failed as much as i've succeeded. but, i love my wife, i love my job, and i wish you my kind of success.

dicky fox

i love you. i love you. and not in a friendly way, although i think we are great friends. and not in a misplaced affection puppy dog way, although i'm sure that's what you will call it. i love you, very ,very simple, very truly. you are the epitome of everything i've ever loooked for in another human being, and i know that you think of me as just a friend and that crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you would ever consider. but.....i had to say it , i can't take it any more, i can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. i can't look into your eyes without feeling that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. i can't talk to you without , without wanting to express my love for everything you are. and i know this will probably queer our friendship, no pun intended, but i had to say it, ' cause i've never felt this way before and i don't care. i like who i am because of it. and if bringing this to light means we can't hang out anymore, then that hurts me. but, god, i couldn't allow another day to go by without just getting it out there regardless of the outcome, which by the look on your face is to be the inevitable shoot down. and you know, i will accept that, but i know, i know that some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there's a moment of hesitation then that means that you feel something too. all i ask is that you , please, is that you just not dismiss that, and try to dwell on it for just 10 seconds. there isn't another soul on this planet who has ever made me half the person i am when i'm with you. and i would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau, because it is there between you and me. you can't deny that. even if....even if , you know, we never talk again after tonight, please know that i am forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me. which, while i do appreciate it , i'd never need a painting of birds bought at a diner to remind me of.

holden mcneil

I looooooooooove that quote!!! It's sooooo beautiful... I bought the Chasing Amy/Clerks screenplay mainly because of that quote! ;)

Libra6Poe said:
I looooooooooove that quote!!! It's sooooo beautiful... I bought the Chasing Amy/Clerks screenplay mainly because of that quote! ;)

i know. i am not a huge ben affleck fan, but i could have been had he stuck to more independant films. that scene is one that ruined me for all romantic declarations from men. all i could think is...nice, but you're no holden :D :D

i'm also a sucker john cusacks performance in say anything. most people think of the ghetto blaster scene, which is great, but the scene after they have made love in the car and they hear the song for the first time is much better.

Back