• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's your favorite movie scene?

kelliebelle

Is there a certain scene in a movie that just gets to you every time? Here are a few of mine:

The Patriot - When the youngest child, Susan, runs to her father, Samuel Martin (played by Mel Gibson) and begs him not to go.
Scent of a Woman - The Tango scene. Wow!
LOTR: Return of the King - Near the end, when they all bow down to The Hobbits.

I'm sure I have a lot more that will come to mind later. Share some of your favorite scenes, and tell us why you love them.

Orson Welles, standing in a shadow, only to be suddenly illuminated by light cast through an opened window in The Third Man is a cinematographic masterpiece.

the scene that came instantly to my mind is from the movie "City of Angels" (with nicolas cage and meg ryan), when she (the Doctor) is in the operation room and the song from Sahra MacLachlan "angel" comes on!! I love this scene!!
have a nice day

That's a good scene! I love that movie :)

I want to say that I like the moment in Blade Runner when Decker and the replicant are on the roof together in the pouring rain. The android is holding the white dove and as the last drops of his life ebb away he gives that speach "I have seen things you people wouldn't believe..." :)

The 7th Seal - A must!

Antonius Block (Max Von Sydow), a knight, returns from a 10-year crusade with his squire, Jöns (Gunnar Björnstrand), to find his homeland ravaged by the plague. When the black-cloaked figure of Death (Bengt Ekerot) appears to claim them, Block, whose war experiences have left him cynical about the existence of God and the afterlife, challenges Death to a game of chess to stall for time and gain some insight into the meaning of life before passing on.

aimages.amazon.com_images_P_6305174083.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

I was going to put the very same one Wabbit has..

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

Blade Runner is one of my all time favourite films

there's a scene from harold and maude when harold finds the numbers that the nazis tattooed on maude's arm. without saying a word, he just puts his arm around her. I wept like a babe.

a touch of evil: the whole opening secuence with the crane shoot

enemy at the gates: when vasily shots the nazis from inside the fontain

leon: the very end, when matilda its digging under the tree and the song "shape of my heart" stars playing.

the hunt for the red october: when the red october goes full frontal against the torpedo

resident evil 2: the whole secuence where milla runs down the wall of the city hall

the fifth element: the fight while the diva its singing

saving private ryan: the opening battle at omaha beach

those are a few that come to mind

Gawd, yiz are so serious.

Bill Murray whacking flowers apart with a golf club in Caddyshack--his Cinderella story.

mr_michel said:
resident evil 2: the whole secuence where milla runs down the wall of the city hall

YESSS! :D And there are so many "cool" scenes in that movie. Another one of my greatest movie scenes is from that movie.

Zombie dogs are chasing the little girl and woman. Just as they are about to be eaten! Camera snaps away to shot of Mila exhaling smoke from her cigarette then to flick it into the gas filled kitchen causing a huge explosion. OK, does not sound that great in text but you gotta see it! :D

Andy Dufresne crawling through a river of shit in order to escape from Shawshank.

Bill Murray whispering those magic (and as of yet unknown) words to Scarlett Johansson.

The Ikea-sequence in Fight Club.

Memento in its entirety.

And many, many more.

Cheers

The fight scene between Uma Thurman and Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill Vol 2, where after giving each other the evil eye with their swords crossed, Uma
pecked out Daryl's eye out.

Boy I laughed at that! Like a hongkong period drama serial!

ds

Black Hawk Down: a missile is fired at a Back Hawk, it dogdes and a soldier falls to the ground
Gladiator: Maximus reveals his indentity to the Caesar in the arena
The Rock: the scene in the end when the tornados drop the bombs und soar up into the sky
Fight Club: "The things you own, end up owning you."
The Fast & The Furious: when they race the train

From one of my favorite movies..."The Edge", starring Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. They, and others, have just survived an airplane crash in the Alaskan wilds and are trying to figure out what to do. Alec has just revealed that he kept a note from an old trapper's door that would have been helpful to rescuers if he had left it on the door. Hopkins, a super intelligent millionaire asks, " Why do people die in the wilderness?" No one answers. He then says, " They didn't think." And he's looking right at Alec.

Well, I may not have it exactly, but it's close.

Shawshank Redemption is also one of my favorites and my favorite scene is when the warden is in Dufregne's now empty cell, sees his little rocks on the window sill and in anger throws it at the poster of Raquel Welch and it goes right through!

Amelie: she drew couple of arrows on the ground and teased the guy who lost his album. & she cut and pasted to make a film and gave it to the old man who painted... In fact, many senarios in that film that I liked a lot.

Gladiator: He was dueling (?) with the king. & When he was stabbed and was falling down, he once again saw his wife and kid in a wheatland.

many many more.

Back