• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's your favorite movie scene?

direstraits said:
The fight scene between Uma Thurman and Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill Vol 2, where after giving each other the evil eye with their swords crossed, Uma
pecked out Daryl's eye out.

Boy I laughed at that! Like a hongkong period drama serial!

ds

we talked about that earlier!! i just love Terantinos love for the detail!!
:cool:

Also from The Shawshank Redemption: The scene in which Andy breaks into the office, barricades himself in and plays the classical music over the intercom-system. Pure magic.

Cheers

the scene in cold mountain where inman is in the goat woman's home and she has given him a draught of laudenum. she tells him to keep talking and he is describing to her his home and ada and slowly slowly slipping into oblivion. when he says, i hardly know her, and starts to cry, i just cannot cope. breaks my heart.
LOVE shawshank redemption, the whole movie.

Pulp Fiction: Just pick a scene.
Office Space: Just pick a scene
Pumping Iron: Arnold and Franco training and posing down at the end.
The Matrix: The Battle in the Lobby before saving Morpheus.
Braveheart: Just pick a scene. I always get sucked into this one.
Kill Bill Vol. II: The tutelage of Pai Mai

Ditto for these:
Fight Club: "The things you own, end up owning you." My house burned one time, and you'll never know how true those words are until you lose everything you own.
Memento in its entirety.
saving private ryan: the opening battle at omaha beach. I'm speechless to describe the power or impact of that scene. I can't believe people had to live through that and keep those memories for a lifetime.

In recent memory, Garden State , when Portman's character gets up after a serious conversation and tap dances. :) Go ahead, make fun, but combined with the music I melt every time I see it.

~True

True@1stLight said:
In recent memory, Garden State , when Portman's character gets up after a serious conversation and tap dances. :) Go ahead, make fun, but combined with the music I melt every time I see it.

~True
oooh i loved the whole movie. the pool scene was so funny.

The gratuitously ultraviolent and generally quite poor Akira nonetheless features one outstandingly potent scene: The President's denouement amidst the chaos of the coup d'état as the full brutal extent of his corruption is exposed, the dead bodies in the bathroom of his office near the fire of the burnt documents as he himself tries to escape and then ODs to end it all, mirrored against Tetsuo's discovery of his abilities and the usage of them against the military, as an evil grin spreads across his visage; few stronger scenes exist to depict the tenet that 'power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.'

Other favourites are Otto's dramatic suicide in Stalingrad ('The flesh melts from my bones...') and the ending of Princess Mononoke in which the first kodama reappears in the new forest.

I love Garden State, it has so many moments where time stops for a minute and you just experience the emotion of the scene. The scene where he tries on the shirt in the bathroom makes me giggle nonstop.

Terminator 2-The final race scene(Helicopter>Truck/ Truck>SUV) when the model 101 climbs onto the hood of the T-1000's truck and opens fire.

Bram Stoker's Dracula: The scene between Mina and Dracula in the bedroom. *sigh* "There is no life in this body." Water works everytime. (And also strange tingles but never mind about that.)

There's a few scenes I adore in Lost in Translation:
- The Karaoke scene with Bill Murray being completely tone deaf. There's many nuances in the film that make it as good as it is, but the one where Charlotte looks at Bob whilst he's singing is touching.
- The scene where they're in the bedrooom and they're both led on the bed. They're talking about general things: where they grew up, career aspirations and at the end of it Bob puts his hand over Charlotte's foot and says: "You're not hopeless." The innocence of the scene where you very often see characters strip off at the sight of a bed is a very welcome change.

Also, any scene in Life of Brian is a classic for me particularly the graffiti scene, big nose scene, haggling scene and stoning scene.

I recall that scene being quite suspenseful. However there are other scenes in other films that I found more gripping, especially the bathroom scene in The Shining - that has to be one of the scariest.

There are 2.

In the most wonderful Japanese masterpiece Sansho the Bailiff, when Anju goes into the water. More impact in a few ripples than a Hollywood tidal wave.

The other is a moment that lasts barely a second. The very end of the French film The Green Ray, all the more precious for having seen the ray for real with my wife at Aruba (we both loved the film and hoped but never expected to see the real thing one day). I'll carry that second with me to my dying day.

kelliebelle said:
Is there a certain scene in a movie that just gets to you every time? Here are a few of mine:

The Patriot - When the youngest child, Susan, runs to her father, Samuel Martin (played by Mel Gibson) and begs him not to go.
Scent of a Woman - The Tango scene. Wow!
LOTR: Return of the King - Near the end, when they all bow down to The Hobbits.

I'm sure I have a lot more that will come to mind later. Share some of your favorite scenes, and tell us why you love them.
Err...sex scenes :eek:

Back