• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's your occupation?

novella said:
Yeah! They took me --and paid--when I had none.

you have no idea how grateful i am, novella! thank you! i am going to check those links out and try to get on a dig! i'm so excited!!!!!

Jenem said:
OMG - that's hilarious!

the company i worked for was like a pyramid scheme and each time i tried to quit they would talk me out of it. very in your face YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! we went on week trip to kelowna and i spent all my time hiding in the library i was so freaked to run into any of them, because i just couldn't do it. i hated interupting people's day and lives. i spent one night in a bar and got quite drunk and the staff felt so bad they finally bought one of by paint ball pkgs. a pity sale :eek:

so the moral of my story is, don't sell paint ball.....no really. it takes some time and some really different stops along the way, but one day you will be posting a thread going OMG one time i sold newsprint......

mojo said:
I'm in work right now getting paid to drink coffee and spam the book forum :)

Ah, well we don't have internet access. :( But we have access to the full range of BBC sites so I usually peruse them and sometimes post on their forums (which have such a low post turnover, it's just dull).

Anahorish said:
Ah, well we don't have internet access. :( But we have access to the full range of BBC sites so I usually peruse them and sometimes post on their forums (which have such a low post turnover, it's just dull).

It's a definate perk of the job :) That's what I like about this place; there's always someone here.....

jenngorham said:
the company i worked for was like a pyramid scheme and each time i tried to quit they would talk me out of it. very in your face YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! we went on week trip to kelowna and i spent all my time hiding in the library i was so freaked to run into any of them, because i just couldn't do it. i hated interupting people's day and lives. i spent one night in a bar and got quite drunk and the staff felt so bad they finally bought one of by paint ball pkgs. a pity sale :eek:

so the moral of my story is, don't sell paint ball.....no really. it takes some time and some really different stops along the way, but one day you will be posting a thread going OMG one time i sold newsprint......

OMG that's hilarious!

i actually don't mean to disparage my career- it's just that i am surprised that this is where i am. who ever thinks of selling newsprint? i'm clearly in it for the money (i don't make a LOT, but i make more than i should) and it's allowed me to travel places i've never been to. it's just an odd place to wind up.

I study science of litterature. But today I was offered a job in a bookstore in our nations capital Stockholm, at first for summer, but if they are happy with me it could be for a longer time. I´m so happy! I even have a place to stay! And then my nephew is moving to the USA this fall and I was offered to take over his really nice appartment. Finally, I will have a grown-up job...

I had to update this little reply due to unforseen life events!!!

I wear many hats but officially, I am self-employed.
I just started my own business. I maintain and repair sewing machines. It is going very sssssssslllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyyy. ;) :( My dear hubby pays the bills by working his two jobs, poor guy. When I am not fixing sewing machines, I sell many of the quilts I make, do little clothes mending and altering for friends, take care of my little herd of children and the house.
I just began training to work for my brother-in-law in his sign making business. We make signs, shirts, vehicle graphics and business cards. I have to learn how to use the computer program to design the lettering and graphics and run the laser cutter, and how to actually put the designs on stuff. In a month or so I will begin taking care of a boy about the same age as my youngest for three days a week, and on certain days, I am also the primary caregiver for my ailing father.
There are just not enough hours in the day. :eek:

jenngorham said:
truer words were never spoken. take care of yourself. :)
Thank you, jenn. I am lucky though. I may have many "jobs" but I love them all so most days it's like I get to play all day. I do make time for me and do something really fun, like read, or play board games with my kids.

Studying, studying, studying!! That's about all there is time for me to do too! I'm a Business & Administration major, with *maybe* a specialization in economics. Haven't really decided yet, I'm enjoying macroeconomics, but I still have to take micro! So that'll probably change. But my parents are paying the bills. But in the summers I do work part time as a secretary in my dad's company.

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy, but that's too cool! :) I got a question from my wife, who ignores me totally when CSI's on: is there really a software that can project the trajectory, speed, make of a vehicle given the position of the car crash victim lying 50 meters away?

ds

I wear many hats at an organization that provides affordable housing for seniors. Sometimes it's a sad job, but most often it's fulfilling. I get the opportunity help many different seniors and their families. It's decent work, even if for the non-profit pay.

I hope that someday I can run a farm sanctuary. Yes, I want a pet turkey!

I'm a school audiologist - I work with all the hearing impaired kids in about a 90 mile radius. Lots of driving! But after this year, I don't know. I'm not renewing my contract because I'm expecting and due in October or November, so I'm going to try to find some ways of earning a little money at home somehow. I don't even know where to start looking!

First and foremost, I'm a stay at home with 2 GREAT kids. Thank you to technology, I can work from home, being a Realtor. It's a win win situation!

occupation

I nursed for many yrs,loved the work and the patients but the money was awful ,i left to stay at home with my kids which i enjoy but i also get bored after all there is only so much house work you can do in a day! :)

Back