• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When And Where Do You Read?

avidreader55 said:
Everywhere I go, I take a book with me.

Me, too! I bought a purse that had a compartment that is the perfect size for hauling around whatever I'm reading. If I don't overfill the purse, I can even fit not-so-large hardbacks in the compartment (though I tend to avoid hardbacks, so this isn't usually a concern). I find that having to wait in line for various services isn't so bad, if I have a book in hand.

I read at work, if we're not busy, which is pretty much 2 weeks out of every 3. I also read on the bus, on any long train/car/plane journeys. I read in the garden for hours in the sun. I always read in the bath (my flatmate was horrified whe he found me going for a three hour bath with one of his books... he was convinced I'd drop it in the bath. So far I haven't dropped any book in the bath, just 2 mobile phones and my mini-disc player.. maybe he had reason to be worried) I don't tend to read in bed much because I find it becomes impossible to put the book down and before you know it, its 3am and I have to be up at 5.30am, or something like that.

I read all the time, but I've recently moved and now have 1 1/2 hour commute into work, so I'm getting through a lot of books on the train! :)

I read everywhere!

I also read in the bath :) . I'm reading a lot outside at the moment, because the weather has been quite good in the south of England. I read in bed before I go to sleep. On Saturdays and Sundays I have lazy lie-ins, where I'll also read.

I always take a book in my handbag with me, because you never know where you'll get a chance to read a few pages.

OOh, dangerous. If I have a book with me at work, I'm afraid I'll read instead of work! I usually have one with me on the weekends or when running errands, tho.

Back