• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When And Where Do You Read?

{Tigress} said:
Make it Southern Comfort and you just might have yourself a deal. ;)

Gawd you're a cheap dru...I mean, SoCo is an ecxellent choice Tigleypooh.

The connoisseurs tell me that March was a very good month. :D

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
Gawd you're a cheap dru...I mean, SoCo is an ecxellent choice Tigleypooh.

The connoisseurs tell me that March was a very good month. :D

RaVeN

Tigleypooh? Ooooo, did I just get a new pet name? ;)

Cheap it may be, but if you're planning on usin' all that whipped cream, it's gonna take somethin' a bit harder than wine. :p

{Tigress} said:
And someday I just might understand how you got from "it's gonna take somethin' a bit harder than wine" to that. LOL

Because sweet, innocent Tig, you gave me an opening your Mustang could drive through and being the proper gentleman I am, I didn't take advantage of it.

You should hear what I was thinking though. :p

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
Because sweet, innocent Tig, you gave me an opening your Mustang could drive through and being the proper gentleman I am, I didn't take advantage of it.

You should hear what I was thinking though. :p

RaVeN
Oh! :eek:

Somehow I have a feeling I'd be doing quite a bit of blushing if I could read your thoughts. LOL

{Tigress} said:
Oh! :eek:

Somehow I have a feeling I'd be doing quite a bit of blushing if I could read your thoughts. LOL

Damn it, I'm going to have to stop talking to you. Every time I type a response I end up deleting it. You're destroying my self image. :(

I'll just answer you by saying that if you blush easily there would be a virtual fireworks display taking place on your cheeks.

RaVeN

During the week, I do my reading for about half an hour before I end up falling asleep.

I do the rest of my reading on the weekends, early in the morning when everyone else is still asleep.

I used to read on the bus when I was taking mass transit to work. Reading on the bus is a decent weirdo deterrent. People will usually (in my experience) leave you alone if they see that you're busy reading. If you're just sitting there, staring out the window, some freak will inevitably try to start a conversation with you. I also tried reading during my half hour lunch break at work, but never got enough reading done to continue bothering with it.

RaVeN said:
Damn it, I'm going to have to stop talking to you. Every time I type a response I end up deleting it. You're destroying my self image. :(

I'll just answer you by saying that if you blush easily there would be a virtual fireworks display taking place on your cheeks.

RaVeN
Give it some time; I'm sure eventually you'll know me well enough to stop deleting. ;) As for the fireworks... you're probably right!

In my room,i can stay in there for hours on end, if the book is really good i am determined to finish it who needs sleep anyway?

Mort said:
During the week, I do my reading for about half an hour before I end up falling asleep.

I do the rest of my reading on the weekends, early in the morning when everyone else is still asleep.

I used to read on the bus when I was taking mass transit to work. Reading on the bus is a decent weirdo deterrent. People will usually (in my experience) leave you alone if they see that you're busy reading. If you're just sitting there, staring out the window, some freak will inevitably try to start a conversation with you. I also tried reading during my half hour lunch break at work, but never got enough reading done to continue bothering with it.

YES, I used the book as a weird-o deterrant, as well. Unfortunately, one weirdo insisted upon chatting with me (I affectionately called him "Weird Bus Guy"). He wanted to be an actor, though he looked more like a computer nerd to me (minus the brains). He was telling me about acting and crap and then said he was chosen for a part due to his looks. He informed me that I didn't know how far looks could get someone in the acting business (considering that only attractive people are shown on tv and in movies, I think I'd figured this one out). What an idiot. And he rode my bus every day. It didn't help that our first encounter saw him yelling at the bus driver that it was 4:10 (the time the bus was supposed to depart)...he kept jumping up and down in his seat yelling "It's 4:10! It's 4:10!" And then, when the bus finally departed, he was vigorously shaking his YooHoo (A chocolate drink...you're not allowed to have drinks on the bus) when it slipped out of his hand, under my seat. I had no choice but to hand it to him...the look on my face ought to have informed him that I in no way wanted to speak to him. Aarggh.

lol

Very funny! :D

Actually, I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate it when I am reading, sombody starts talking to me. I mean, how rude????

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: You're not allowed drinks on the bus??? Americans lol :D

SillyWabbit said:
lol

Very funny! :D

Actually, I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate it when I am reading, sombody starts talking to me. I mean, how rude????

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: You're not allowed drinks on the bus??? Americans lol :D

It was amusing later...while he was talking to me, I was rather annoyed. He didn't seem to get the picture.

You are allowed drinks on the bus? Perhaps Americans know that I reside in the country, and they know my tendancy to spill drinks all the time, so they've banned them on buses and such.

lol :)

I think they should stop mad people being on the bus instead of the drinks :)

But yes, we are allowed drinks, food, dogs, pets and anything else we want to.

Regards
SillyWabbit

We're behind you in bus-riding, then. We're allowed none of those things. Its amazing they let the people on these buses.

Back