• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When And Where Do You Read?

I used to take the bus. And I used to get all the freaks talking to me on the bus, and while waiting for the bus. Strange people wanting me to join their religion, men wanting me to kiss them or marry them or do any manner of strange things to them, there was this one very drunk chap who insisted he knew my father. Anyhoo, some of them were entertaining, but for the most part they were an annoyance. So I just reached the point where I figured I had no responsibility to be nice to freaks and arseholes and random strangers. Now I just cut them down dead.

The other day there were a couple of twats trying to juggle on the train and they kept hitting people with their balls (wey hey). Everyone just sat there grumbling and muttering and yet not saying a bloody thing. So I shouted at them and they looked at me all shocked that anyone would find their behaviour annoying. So I confiscated their toys until it was my stop. :D I felt like such a school teacher.

Litany said:
I confiscated their toys until it was my stop. :D I felt like such a school teacher.

That might not be such a good idea over here. Sporks or no sporks, you could end up as the next headline.....in the obits.

Is the traffic & parking there so congested that no one drives cars?

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
Is the traffic & parking there so congested that no one drives cars?
Yes. There are so many cars on the road and in the car parks that one day everybody just abandoned them and walked home. Now they just sit there and rust. Some of them have been converted into wildlife sanctuaries and art galleries. The rest were all bought up by Starbucks and turned into coffee shops.

The American cars were deemed too large to remain in the country. They were affecting our tides. So they were launched into space and converted into habitation units for the International Space Station.

Now I see why this thread got 3 stars. I've all ready learned more in 5 minutes then I did after a month on CNN.

RaVeN

SillyWabbit said:
Larry King ate my hamster! :eek:

Regards
SillyWabbit
You're losing hamsters in this thread and carrots in another. Sounds to me like you need to keep better track of your food! :eek: :p

i guess i can say i read anywhere any time, and i mean it, the only place i dont read its the kitchen, usually when i have some time to spare and a book at hand, (or a magazine, or a newspaper, or flyers, or posters, or bussines cards, or match boxes... think im an adict too :eek: nah, i never read school books ;) ), and since in the doctorate, i have very changing timeschedule, (sometimes very early in the morning, somethimes in the afternoon, sometimes no classes at all :p ) i hardly have a fix hour to read or to sleep, or eat for that matter (love being a student away from home ;) ) but usually i feel compelled to read specially when i have something else to do, like lets say homework :D

I generally read curled up in bed, usually late in the evening, or early in the morning before I get up :)

I read every night before I go to sleep (sometimes for far too long, leaving me rather tired come the morning), whilst having breakfast in the morning, during the journeys to and from school (though this sometimes mean that I almost miss my bus stop), at lunch or during a lesson if it gets boring, and in the bath-I find it's a great way to relax.

Usually I read in bed at night, and in the morning before I get up. But lately I am too tired to do either, because of this new job of mine.

The new job is in another town, so I commute. That's great, because I can read in the train.

Hobitten

I usually read in the bath tub - this is about the only place I can get away from my 2 toddlers and my newborn for more than 5 minutes. I also enjoy reading in bed before sleeping or early morning. I find myself reading while breastfeeding the little one. So I guess I read pretty much anytime of tbe day as the baby feeds 18 times in a 24 hours cycle.

I usually read after noon. I can't concentrate very well in the morning, and I'm usually not in the mood. I start around 1 or 2 and read for about 2-3 hours. I'll either read on my bed, on the couch, or I'll just walk around and read (I read faster while walking). lol. It's weird, I know. :rolleyes: Sometimes I read before bed, but I'm not in bed until 11 or 12 due to work. If I do read before bed, I usually forget what I read when I wake up. :(

Back