• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you from?

I live about 1.5 hours WNW of Philadelphia. Until recently, say 20 years ago, just about everything around here was either cornfields or cow pastures. Now, unfortunately, "McMansions" are springing up everywhere and a third Wal-mart is going up within 10 miles of my front door. Ugh!

I live about 30ish miles NE of Lake Pontchartrain which is the lake that is in New Orleans back yard. The bridge from New Orleans (The Causeway) to the North Shore is 24 miles long, and the longest in the world. Counting the lake and land miles, I am about 50ish miles NE of New Orleans, La. We are in the "country" approximately 12 miles from Covington and enjoy the solitude and lack of traffic noise. The air really is better out of the city, and the nicest thing IMO is being able to see the stars at night. The pine forests are all around, and the pollen is just starting to fly. Yesterday I went outside, and there the jeep was.....full of yellow pollen. Already!

All we can hope for is that Wal-Mart doesn't follow us out here. :rolleyes: But I think we are pretty safe.

muggle-- Love the bear pics!

It is so. I've got friends there, they're snobby, lol ;) :D :D

Nah, but Bristol is very nice, good university, middle-class area, extortionate property prices, lol :)

I live in a town called Naugautck....roughly 30,000 people. We are about 20 minutes away from New Haven. It is pretty much all suburb area, we have just one or two buses for public transportation, and good luck trying to get one. It used to be a big industrial/manufacturing town, but now they all shut down (just like everywhere else.) Not much excitement, unless you consider a bake sale exciting. I've lived here most of my life, (originally from Europe) raising my daughter here.

CDA said:
I am from Bristol.

C'mon CDA, a bit more detail. These short pithy remarks of yours are very funny but I want to hear about your bunker, or at least the view from outside your bunker. All I've heard about Bristol is "Ship-shape and Bristol fashion", so was quite surprised to see you weren't by the sea. Lovely old buildings you have.:)

Back